Sunday, November 28, 2021

(Finished November 28th, 2021) Part 4 of The Best Songs of 1977

Hello,

This blog is mostly inspired by a book I saw yesterday at Target. I loved the title of the book, which is "I Heard It In A Love Song". That of course reminded me of the classic Marshall Tucker Band song. I knew I needed to hear that song again. I then took it further and decided to build a whole blog around it. I focused on 1961 yesterday. Today I'm focusing on 1977, it was an amazing year for music.

I spent more time than I should have to made sure all of these songs were released in 1977. If I am wrong on any it is my fault. I was trying to keep these songs in alphabetical order and I was pretty close, except for songs here.

52) Dave & Sugar ""That's The Way It Should Be":

53) Paul Davis "I Go Crazy":

54) Neil Diamond "Desiree":

55) Dr. Hook "Walk Right In":

56) Johnny Duncan featuring Janie Fricke "It Couldn't Have Been Any Better":

57) "Hotel California" Eagles "Life In The Last Line":

58) Electric Light Orchestra "Do Ya":

59) Electric Light Orchestra "Rockaria":

60) Electric Light Orchestra "Telephone Line":

61) Electric Light Orchestra "Turn To Stone":

62) Yvonne Elliman "If I Can't Have You":

63) Emotions "Best of My Love":

1977 was the year of release for the Fleetwood Mac CD "Rumours". This might be the greatest break up CD ever and is also one of the greatest CDs of all-time. I've written about this amazing CD in a previous blog.  Songs like "Go Your Own Way", "I Don't Want To Know", "Dreams" and the below classic all talk about the breaking of bonds that make this CD such an enduring classic. 64) Fleetwood Mac "The Chain":

65) Fleetwood Mac "Don't Stop":

66) Fleetwood Mac "Dreams":

67) Fleetwood Mac "Go Your Own Way":

68) Lindsey and Stevie "Never Going Back Again":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites