Saturday, November 6, 2021

(Finished November 6th, 2021) Part 2 of themusicaddict's Actual Greatest Songs Of All-Time (GSOAT)

Hello,

Another Greatest Songs of All-Time issued from on high by Rolling Stone magazine. I love that magazine and I've been a subscriber since approximately the early 80s. I get that a lot of people have different taste in music- which is great- but as with all opinions I don't agree with everyone in their choices. Just as fervently I agree with some of their choices. Currently I'm working on my Top 100 Songs of All-Time and honorable mentions. There are just some songs that I can't not include in the Greatest Songs of All-Time. I started with 100 Greatest Songs of All-Time. That has now worked up to 180 songs and will continue to rise. For this blog I'm going to focus on the actual Greatest Songs, not the honorable mentions. These are songs that are ranked outside of my Top 100. 

These lists are very fluid. Most of these songs could have also been in my All-Time Top 100 if only I had thought of them earlier. There are probably about 300 to 500 songs that will always be in my GSOAT. Again these are GSOAT, just not in the Top 100 GSOAT. I'll be posting my Top 100 Greatest Songs of All-Time eventually. These are the songs that didn't quite make the Top 100.

118) Dua Lipa "Blow Your Mind (Mwah)":

119) Dua Lipa "Hotter Than Hell":

120) Kenny Loggins "Footloose":


121) The Pet Shop Boys "West End Girls":


122) Dan Seals "Everything That Glitters Is Not Gold":


123) Johnny Duncan and Janie Fricke "It Couldn't Have Been Any Better":


124) The Cure "Just Like Heaven":


125) Dan Fogelberg "Same Old Lang Syne":


126) Katy Perry "Wide Awake":


127) Elvis Presley vs. JXL "A Little Less Conversation":


128) Sarah Vaughn (Max Sedgley Remix) "Peter Gunn":


From "Rent" 129) "Seasons Of Love":


130) Juice Newton "Angel of The Morning":


131) Brothers Osborne "It Ain't My Fault":


132) Peter Cetera "Glory of Love":


Honestly this song should be in my Top 100 GSOAT, but I didn't think of it quick enough. However it is easily one of the greatest songs of all-time. Everything about it is great. 133) Kenny Rogers "She Believes In Me":


Still one of my all-time favorite lyrics: "You broke the boy in me, but you won't break the man". 134) John Parr "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites