Monday, April 28, 2008

Amy Winehouse, Coldplay

Not much to report today. Amy Winehouse has been released from prison and has been told to be a good girl. She needs to make some difficult choices and cut off some of the bad influences from her life asap. I could see her becoming one of the tragic deaths at an early age, another casualty of the high life of a rock star.

Also Coldplay has a new CD coming out and in honor of that they are going to be offering the first single from their new CD free for a week. The title of this song is "Violet Hill" and you can get it starting tomorrow morning at www.coldplay.com/song.html It is only going to be available free for one week. Even though I do not like Coldplay I get all the free music I can. I will download it and give you a review within the next couple of days.

I have to be honest with you I am not a big Coldplay fan, in fact I am not even a little Coldplay fan. In one of my previous lives I worked at a job that we were suppose to be playing music and announcements over the pa. However they were not playing, but the pa still worked. So we played a few CD's and we listened to one CD by Coldplay over and over again. It has to be some of the wimpiest music of all-time. I could feel the testosterone draining from my body as I listened to these wimpy songs. However I do realize they are one of the biggest bands in the world, I just don't understand why. I do have to give thumbs up to Chris Martin, he somehow wooed Gwyenth Paltrow, and they named their first child after the greastest computer companies in the world. (That is a stab at humor.)

Also according to multiple media reports, Miley Cyrus is apologizing for some illicit pictures on the internet and in the new issue of Vanity Fair. I have seen some of these pictures and they are harmless. My question is doesn't she have people that are suppose to keep her away from these type of things? Where are they and where were they when these pictures were being taken.

I will be rocking my iPod tonight and will try and find some sweet new or old tunes to bring to your attention. Here's one real quick: The Postal Service's "Clark Gable". This is a side project for some of the people from the excellent band Death Cab for Cutie.

Have a great day, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites