Thursday, April 17, 2008

Miscellaneous

Hello,

Not much news today. As you probably know by now Kristy Lee Cook was voted off "American Idol" last night. That was not a real surprise and as usual she was a good sport about it. She sang "Forever" again, starting off right in front of Simon. She even changed the lyrics a bit to tweak Simon a bit. She had wanted to sit on Simon's lap before she thought that it was inappropriate. Good call Kristy Lee.

So now we are down to six finalists with next week having Andrew Lloyd Webber as the mentor. (For those of you are a little rusty with your Andrew Lloyd Webber knowledge. He is one of the main writers of "Evita", "Jesus ChristSuperstar", "Cats" and "Phantom of The Opera". Interestingly enough he wrote a couple of songs as well with Jim Steinman for Meat Loaf). Although he hasn't had a hit for awhile. Dolly Parton and Mariah Carey both had new CD's to sell, I wonder what Lloyd will be promoting. He was on "Celebrity Apprentice" talking about how he was in the studio at Abbey Road Studios working on the sequel to "Phantom of the Opera". So we will see how much we hear about that project. (By the way Kristy was going to sing "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", one of the best songs of all time.) Anyway I was saying we have David Cook left. I think he is most likely to win. You definitely need to check out his "Always Be My Baby" on iTunes. It is very worth the 99 cents. That might be the best performance of Season 7. We then have my other favorite Carly Smithson. She rocks, I was listening to her performance of "Crazy On You" and it is great. Then we have Jason Castro, who many people call the Coffeehouse Idol. I am lukewarm on him, I would like to see him to sing a rock song. We also have Syesha Mercado, her version of "Vanishing" is also worthy of the 99 cents.
Then we have the babbling Brooke White, I can't take credit for that but I thought it was pretty funny. I thought her "Hero" was good but not great. I am thinking she is going to be gone next week. The sixth and final contestant is the contestant who can't be named. "AI" season 6 contestant Chris Sligh writes a monthly article for EW. He feels the same about TCWCBN. He is bored to death by his performances and wonders if TCWCBN is "overpraised". I completely agree with Sligh on both of those points and I am glad I am not the only one.

Also Rolling Stone is just now breaking the news that Green Day and Foxboro Hottubs are the same people. Good job Rolling Stone! Although RS is one of my favorite magazines, especially when they stick to rock and roll. Please don't have a Disney Teen on the cover ever again. Put Paramore on the cover, not Zac Efron. Also according to RS.com the Foxboro Hottub CD "Stop, Drop and Roll" will be out anyday.

Another good song available for free on download.com is "What About 10?" by Dino 5. I would reccomend you add this song to your iTunes library, you can't beat free. You will especially like this song if you are a fan of Jurassic 5.

Again if you have anything to say, leave comments.

No comments:

Favorites