Thursday, April 24, 2008

More info

Hello,

Fellow Smithsonites, ew.com says it the best: http://www.ew.com/ew/video/idolatry. Watch the 30 second video on top. Also ew.com has a great exit interview with Carly Smithson. She is extremely gracious and just grateful for her chance. Now when her CD comes out I am going to go buy it. I hope she keeps the rocker edge, I really liked that when she did that.

Also I have seen other people with Top 12 lists of their all-time favorite idols, I decided to compose my own. Now obviously this will be changing over time. Here goes:
1) Kelly Clarkson: The original Idol and the best singer of the bunch. She also has two great CD's although her third one is not quite as good. She is currently in the studio making her 4th CD. I am looking forward to it. 2) Carrie Underwood: The most gorgeous of all American Idol contestants. Also other than "Jesus Take The Wheel", most of her songs are fantastic. I particularly like, "Before He Cheats", "Inside Your Heaven", "Lessons Learned" and "Crazy Dreams". 3) Jennifer Hudson: She sings great and she won an Oscar for her work in "Dreamgirls". Also she has been working on her CD for the last few months, it will be interesting to see what it sounds like. 4) Melinda Doolittle: Other than the music one can buy from last season's "AI" she does not have any other music out that I know of. But like Hudson she has that big old voice. I don't know why she doesn't have a CD out, when Blake Lewis does. Last I heard she doesn't even have a recording contract. 5) Kimberly Locke: I wrote about her in an earlier blog. 6) Tamrya Gray: Her debut CD, "The Dreamer" is fantastic. Also she is starring in the Broadway production of "Rent". How cool is that. We are also still waiting on her second CD. 7) Daughtry: a fourth place finish on "AI" but he had the #1 selling CD for 2007. It is a very good CD and it is good to see a rocker have the #1 CD for the year. I think David Cook can have a career much like Daughtry. 8) Jordin Sparks: she has had a pretty successful career after winning the show last year. Although I guess now she is having some serious throat issues. My prayers go out to her. She was all set to go on tour with Alicia Keys, Sparks could have learned a lot from her. 9) Carly Smithson: Even though she was only the sixth place finisher this year, she had one of the best voices. Also I give her extra points because she has the rocker vibe. Check out her blistering take on Heart's "Crazy On You". 10) David Cook: With Carly gone I think he is going to win this season. He is the most creative, and I am disappointed he didn't rock out "Music of the Night". It will be interesting to see what he does next week when Neil Diamond is the mentor. 11) Syesha Mercado: I love her voice and I am glad she sang an uptempo song. Hers was a fantastic take on "One Rock 'N' Roll Too Many". 12) Lakisha Jones: Last season fourth place finisher I believe. She is also currently acting on Broadway. No word yet on a CD.

People left off the list on purpose, no I did not forget these. Blake Lewis: boring, Taylor Hicks: A preview of TCWCBN non-existent career., Clay Aiken: lame, Ruben Stoddard: Not as many CD sales as he should have with the AI machine behind him. Although he does seem like a very nice guy with some talent. I liked how "AI" tossed him a bone by having him sing "Celebrate Me Home". Katherine McPhee: Hopefully she will join the Top 12 someday. Her first CD is serviceable. Josh Gracin also has an outside chance of making the Top 12. Bo Bice and Ace Young: Please! To Quote "Evita" Hello and Goodbye. Sanjaya: Do I have to say anymore?

So obviously with Brooke faltering on Tuesday and not even being in the bottom 2, it is now a battle of the fan bases. Brooke must have a pretty big fan base. Although for her mental health she needs to be voted off soon. She seems like she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Also it is ridiculous that they made her skip her sister's wedding, "AI" is just not that important. I have an idea, let's replace Brooke now with Carly for Brooke's mental health. So the winner will probably be between the Davids, probably based on who has the biggest fan base. I think David Cook's fanbase is pretty stable, but I think TCWCBN's fan base is declining rapidly.

Also I have a couple of questions about Leona Lewis last night, "Bleeding Love" is a great song, not that you could tell it last night though. Where was the live band and where was the thumping bass behind it?

So what do you think about "AI" this season? Also what do you think about a 16 year old girl, Miley Cyrus, writing a memoir. As always leave comments and suggestions.
I am out themusicaddict

P.S. Go Jazz!

No comments:

Favorites