Sunday, April 27, 2008

Syesha's last week and great music

Hello fine folks,

For those of you getting sick of the "AI" updates, I apologize. It is one of the few shows I watch week in and week out. (I would also highly suggest "Cold Case" and "Without A Trace".) So from here on out it looks like a battle of the fan bases. Based on the way the fan bases voted last week, I think Syesha Mercado will be going home this week. I don't think she has much of a fan base, which I honestly don't understand. She is attractive and has a great voice. But at this point of the season, it is all about fan bases.

We have five contestants left: the much maligned Syesha Mercado, the queen of pity votes Brooke White, the overpraised and over hyped "TCWNBM", the mellow vibe dude Jason Castro and probably the most entertaining contestant David Cook. It it was up to me "TCWCBN" would be replaced by the much more talented and interesting singer Carly Smithson. Then Brooke White would be the next to go, followed by Jason Castro, followed by Syesha. Then it would be a finals battle between Carly Smithson and David Cook and whoever won would be fine with me.

Also speaking of Jason Castro, I am kind of getting bored with him. However I listened to his "Hallelujah" again yesterday. That is such a great song and his performance was perfect. So what I am trying to say is, "Jason we will always have Hallelujah." If you don't have it yet you need to add it to your collection.

I started a new job yesterday and I am allowed to listen to my iPod for this job. Again last night I remember so much why I love my iPod. I have an iPod mini, which currently hold about 970 songs. I just put it on shuffle and let it go. Since all those songs are songs handpicked by me, it is classic song after classic song. It is excellent. If I get sick of a song I can just delete it. Also usually when a song a has 14 listens I also delete it from my iPod. It's a sickness of mine and I figure it is time to let some other songs to have some love. It also has a clock, games, a backlight and many other cool features. My wife got that as a gift for me and that is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received.

A couple more random notes: A CD that is an amazing piece of work is the Dixie Chicks "Taking the Long Way". For all the crap they took after those comments about Bush, you can't tell by this CD. Overall I give this CD an A, and it has at least four classic songs on it. The four classic songs are: "I Hope", "Not Ready To Make Nice", "Baby Hold On" and "Easy Silence".

Also I was listening to some Whitney Houston today, she had such a great career. I just wonder what happened. She should have never hooked up with Bobby Brown, but she still would have had plenty of problems on her own. Again I think I already mentioned this but she is in the studio supposedly making a CD that is due about Christmas. Also I saw a bit of the MTV series "Rock The Cradle" stay far away from this piece of crap. Anyway her and Bobby Brown's son is on that show. (I never thought I would mention Bobby Brown ever in one of my blogs. Also on that show he called "My Perogrative" a "perfect song". I prefer what Eddie Murphy said and I am paraphrasing here, "It sounds like Bobby Brown learned a new word.")

One final note here is a little loved 80's classic: Paul Hardcastle's "19". Check out this song, musically it's great and it is also history lesson. It is a very sobering history lesson. Also another great song I heard from the past last night is "Punk Rock Girl". This is another 80's classic, this one is by the Dead Milkmen. Those are two of the songs rocking my iPod last night.

Again I just want to put a plug in for download.com, it has over 111,000 free mp3's that just self load on your iTunes. You can search the entire database or do what I do. I just get the mp3 of the day via my facebook.com page. However gorge away if you would like.

Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites