Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hello good friends,

Yahoo has a whole bunch of people that write music blogs. (Yahoo I am available as well.) I am going to be referencing a music blog written by Rob O'Conner, he wrote a blog entry about the 25 Worst Rappers of All-Time. Now in this list he did not include "traditional" rappers only. He also included other performers who have attempted rapping as well. I am going to highlight some of his list.
#25 The 1985 Chicago Bears. This is the team that went on to win the Super Bowl that year. They featured such players as Walter Payton, Jim McMahon and William "The Fridge" Perry. If you were alive in 1985 you have to had seen this video at least a few times. The song is titled "Super Bowl Shuffle". They recorded this before the Super Bowl and then went out and crushed the New England Patriots. This is one of the random, funny things that made the 80's so great.

#21 Two Live Crew: enough said.
#20 Nelly. I remember hearing so much about him when he came out with his "hit" "Country Grammar". So I was excited when I was going to see him on some TV show and he would be singing that song. That excitement lasted for about 10 seconds until I realized how talentless and classless he was. He is not even the best Nelly in the music buisness, that would be the fantastic Nelly Furtado.
#19 Dan Akyroyd and Tom Hanks. What did you expect, greatness?
#16 Insane Clown Posse: Reason 1 most white guys should not rap. This is the kind of rapping that make people say that rap music is an oxymoron.
#11 Shaquille O'Neal: He raps about as well as he shoots foul shots.
#9 Kevin Federline: Sure he can't rap he was trying to stretch out his 15 minutes of fame after getting the text message from Britney Spears that he was being dumped. You can't blame the guy for trying.
#6 Fred Durst: Reason #2 most white guys should not rap. If there was a taste prison, he would be in it for life. Not only did he attempt rap, but Limp Bizkit we are holding him responsible for as well. Also ironically someone else who tried to use Britney Spears to further his fame. Fred it is time for you to go. Limp Bizkit is the most apt band name of all-time.
Now without further adieu here is the top 5:
#5 Puff Daddy: When Fred goes please go with him.
#4 Dee Dee King: Thankfully I had heard anything about this until I read this article. The bass player for the Ramones wanted a career before his band. So he attempted to be a rapper? Insert your own joke here.
#3 Brian Austin Green: A multi media offender like Fred Durst. Also whoever thought this was a good idea.
#2 M.C. Hammer: He could possibly be the only rapper ever to appear on the Oprah show. How street is that for a reputation. Although I do like "U Can't Touch This".
#1 Vanilla Ice. This is about as surprising as when we found out that Britney Spears was no longer a virgin. (Although Britney has made some really bad choices, I still hope things work out the best for her.)

Just a couple of other quick notes I listened to the CD "Do You Like Rock Music?" by the band British Sea Power. I thought that was a pretty brassy title. If you are going to title your CD that, you had better deliver. Unfortunately they didn't. I have only listened to this CD once so maybe it will grow on me. Who knows I didn't like "The Wall" the first time I heard it either.

Also today was Record Store Day. It was a day that independent record stores got together to show how great independent record stores can be. Local to my area Greywhale Music had a whole bunch of promotions to celebrate the day. I should have been a little more on the ball for this and alerted you the kind readers to it.

Also I want to give a shout out to four songs that I have downloaded from all accross the internet that I think are worthy of a few listens. In no particular order: 1) "Good Machine" The Radishes a slice of hot rock. 2) "Seven Days of Lonely" by INine. This is a great song. I also don't know if this is intentional or not but the singer sounds like Avril Lavigne. 3) "The Silence Between Us" Bob Mould and 4)"Bring The Boys Home" The 1900's. A mellow, catchy pop song.

As always if you have any comments, please post them. Please also let me know what great music I am missing out on. Have a great Sunday, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites