Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Foxboro Hottubs

Hello again,

For you Foxboro Hottubs fans, and you know who you are, their new single is available to download on iTunes. For you the intrepid listener I checked it out. It is a fast paced throwback rock song, on iTunes rating scale I rate it a 4 out of 1 to 5. You can preorder their new CD on amazon.com for $9.99. It will be released on May 13th and it is titled "Stop, Drop and Roll". Based on pre orders alone, it is #378 on amazon.com most bought list. That is pretty impressive for a CD that is not out yet. Of course having it "leaked" to MTV that they are the Green Day did not hurt either.

Also the original lineup of Motley Crue announced their tour will begin July 1st. Yes all four of them are alive and thankfully none of them are currently starring in a lame reality show. (I am looking at you Bret Michaels) They are touring under the banner Crue Fest in which they are touring with 4 other bands. I think they are aiming for a sort of an Ozzfest vibe. In order of rock relevance: Papa Roach (their second CD is fantastic), Trapt and then Buckcherry. Buckcherry was billed as a new band carrying the banner of Guns 'N' Roses. It did not work out that way, they suck. They are carrying the banner of L.A. Guns. I have never heard Sixx: AM. Although Nikki Sixx's "Heroin Diaries" is one of the most harrowing books you will ever read. (Before I get back to tour details let me put a plug in for "The Dirt" their book co-written with Neil Strauss. Apparantally their new CD "Saints of Los Angeles" is based on that book.) For more information about this go to rollingstone.com or rockline.com.

The only date I care about on this tour is July 29th, that's when they will be playing in my home city. One of the best concerts I went to back in the 80's was the Motley Crue "Theatre of Pain" tour. They kicked some serious butt on that night.

One other note before I replay to "billiejean". A song you should check out is Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love". That songs kicks butt. I plan on writing a review of the whole CD once I can afford to buy it. (I have been out of work for 5 weeks, so obviously feeding our kids and paying the mortgage are higher priorities.)

Okay I am now ready for you "billiejean" That's an obvious reference to David Cook's reworking of the classic Michael Jackson song. Now I am a big fan of David Cook but I hated his version of Chris Cornell's version of that song. I had to go to listen to the original to get the bad taste of that version out of my mind. Anyway I have nothing personally against David Archuleta. He just bores me to death. He sings sappy midtempo songs week after week. As Simon says you are 17, act like it. I also am bothered by the fact that he seems a from the cradle pop star, like he has been genetically engineered for it. Also seeing Archueta in concert would be so boring. What kind of CD is he going to make? Most importantly what is he going to do when the 13 year olds move on. There goes his fan base. If he wins I think he is going to be a lot like Taylor Hicks. He has a big fan base during the show, but once the show is over those fans move on. He just does not have the talent and charisma of Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry etc. I think he will have a career a lot like Clay Aiken. (That is not a compliment.)

He indeed will make more money than you and me in the next two years but so will Clay Aiken. Money earned does not = talent of charisma. David Cook is good I agree. But I do not really have a favorite at this point. I am for anyone other than Archuleta. I mean even a bad personality or something would help Archuleta. Maybe learn some jokes he could learn a lot about charisma from watching Bill Cosby.

I go back and forth on Brooke White, I like her voice but please shut up when the judges are critiquing you. I am lukewarm about Jason Castro. He needs to rock out at least one week. I also like Syesha a lot, although she does seem to be a bit of a manufactored contestant as well. Yes Kristy is gorgeous. She is not the best singer in the competition, but she is the smartest. She also did give Mariah Carey goosebumps when she sang one of Carey's compositions in front of her. So that is worth something. Don't forget a lot of attractive people without a lot of talent have become hugely popular, Brittani Spears anyone? (It is a little ironic that a few years ago Kristy Lee did sign with Brittani Spears record label. I like Carly as well. Possibly getting voted off the competition will be the best thing for her. Someone will sign her, they can work with her, help her relax. I think she could be a big old rock star and we need as many of those as we can get. I am thinking either Carly, Syesha or Kristy Lee will be voted off tonight.

No comments:

Favorites