Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kimberly Locke, Antigone Rising

After being "in between jobs" for the last 6 weeks, tomorrow I will be taking up the yoke of work again. So my blog entries may be a little inconsistent. Also I am going to try and update my blog multiple times throughout the day. Typically I have only been writing one entry today.

So here goes friends. I would like to reccomend for those of you who like good music to check out Kimberly Locke's excellent CD "One Love". This is her 2004 debut CD. "8th World Wonder" is probably the most well known song from this CD, but appropiately it is only the eighth best song on this CD. The best song is "Coulda Been". Other great songs include "Before", "Now I Can Fly", "You've Changed" and "It's Alright". She also recently released a new CD, "Based On A True Story". I have not heard any songs from this yet because of monetary concerns. The only song I heard from this CD was the song she sang on "American Idol" this season. I don't remember the song's title but it was okay.

Also a band to check out is Antigone Rising. They released their second CD in 2005, it is "From The Ground Up". They have a rocker vibe. Many of the songs on this CD were recorded live which adds an intimacy to them. "You're The Reason" and "Happy Home" are two of the many good songs on this CD. They released their debut CD in 2004. I have not heard any songs from this CD. I would highly reccomend "From The Ground Up" though.

One thing I would not reccomend is the Andrew Lloyd Webber play "Starlight Express". I was intrigued by the Syesha Mercado version of "One Rock 'N' Roll Too Many" last night on "American Idol". So I checked out the play on youtube.com and also amazon.com. You can tell this is a 80's play. It feels dated, it is very campy and quite simply a lot of the songs are not very good. Although many of you will recognize the title song. It starts with "Only you...". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcroD4R6duU&feature=related

Also here's a running scorecard of songs I have bought from iTunes from performances of "American Idols" this season. I have bought 4 songs by Carly Smithson, David Cook and Syesha Mercado. I don't think that's a coincidence. I also have bought 2 songs by Ramiele Mulubuy and Kristy Lee Cook and 0 songs by "TCWCBN". I usually buy the two best tracks each week. This week I will be buying Carly Smithson's rocking "Jesus Christ Superstar" (although I wish it wasn't sacreligious) and also Syesha Mercado's excellent, "One Rock 'N' Roll Too Many".

Also according to an ew.com poll last night 61% of the respondents voted for Brooke White to go home tonight. According to that poll the bottom 3 would include Jason Castro and "TCWCBN" as well. I would agree with that, check back later today for more.

No comments:

Favorites