Thursday, January 28, 2010

"AI" Auditions L.A. and Dallas

Hello,

I'll start with the LA auditions first, only 10 auditions were shown. Only 5 of those were good, making my top 5 was very easy. I don't know about you but I'm sick of the auditions. Next year I think auditions should be reduced to 3 weeks, we can extend the episodes if we need to. But four weeks of auditions is just too long, I'm so ready for Hollywood week already.

January 26th, 2010 We had special guest judges Avril Lavigne (sort of boring!) and Katy Perry (the anti-Kara and looking extremely gorgeous). On to LA:

The show starts off with Ryan introducing the segment from his radio show. He stated that 10,000 people showed up, then later amended that 11,000 people showed up. 23 people from LA are moving through to Hollywood.

1) Jim Ranger: The worship pastor from Bakersfield, Ca. He sang his own original composition "Drive". (There have been a lot of original compositions this year so far and a lot of them have been good.) Simon called him "authentic", Avril said "no" going to Hollywood. He definitely is a likable guy.

2) Mary Powers- 28- singer. I don't want to say the song she sang was predictable but when I first saw her I thought she has that Pat Benatar look.

Dallas with special guest judges Neil Patrick Harris (yeah!) and Joe Jonas (is he always that boring?)

1) Lloyd Thomas sang the great Stevie Wonder's "Overjoyed". I liked his singing. Unfortunately the sound was on when Randy was talking. He was saying his usual inane things like "positively jumping off" and a "billion percent yes". It's nice to get excited, but do you have to do it in such idiotic fashion? 4/5

No comments:

Favorites