Saturday, January 30, 2010

"AI" auditions L.A. & Dallas Part 2

Hello,

Day 2 of Dallas with Joe Jonas as guest mute. He only spoke 40 words I hope he wasn't paid by the word.

5) Todrick Hall- Arlington Hall. He sang with Fantasia on "The Color Purple" play. He has a very good voice and I liked him immediately. I love his original song, especially the lyrics and tune. I really like him, he seems humble and has a great personality. I really think he has a chance to go a long way. The reportedly Top 24 contestant has some controversy in his past. How will that affect him and this competition? 5/5

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=10562143&nav=menu374_2_9

6 & 7)Dawntoya Thomson and Stephanie Daulong were only notable in how little TV time they received. Thompson- 27, Dallas, Texas-. I'm not sure the name of her song, it sounds like a Patsy Cline song. 3.5/5 Daulong- 20, Austin, Texas. The songwriter and bartender sang a song I'm not familiar with either. 3/5

8) Megan Wright- 20, Richardson, Texas-. She had the funny little brother. She sang Garth Brooks "To Make You Feel My Love". (I like his version a lot better that Bob Dylan's version.) 4/5

9) Christian Spears - 16, Student, Hostess. Yet another person with a dramatic back story. She was diagnosed with leukemia on her 4th birthday. She went into remission at 8 and she's now a 8 year Cancer survivor. Score 1 for the brave teenager and 0 for cancer. She sang Eddie James "All I Can Do Is Cry".

Top 5
1) Todrick Hall who sang his own original composition. By far the best in Dallas.
2) Kimberly Carver also sang her own composition. Although Simon didn't like her for "AI", I really like her. Her song was okay but she has a great voice.
3) Lloyd Thomas, a very smooth "Overjoyed", a classic Stevie Wonder song.
4) Dave Pittman sang Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home To Me".
5) Christian Spears sang Eddie James "All I Can Do Is Cry".

I don't expect a lot from either Pittman or Spears in Hollywood.

My father-in-law passed away this morning. Loren Ford May 8th, 1954 to Jan 30, 2010. R.I.P.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites