Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Season 9, Episode 1 "AI" in Boston

Hello,

This is the first of a multiple part blog about the auditions set in Boston on January 12th, 2010. I would also like to thank mjsbigblog.com for adding some information for my own blog.

First of all I was watching tonight's episode and I couldn't help but think how much this show is going to go downhill without Simon Cowell around. His new show "X Factor" will kick off fall of 2011, we'll go about 16 months in between seeing him. I think Ellen will be good, please, please Ellen be good, if not this show is sunk. Randy and Kara just do not bring anything to the table. Kara is already offering her inane opinions and Randy is pulling out his same 5-7 expressions. Now he has Kara saying them! As bad as Randy is, how did Kara keep her job for another year. She's terrible.

31 contestants from Boston advanced to Hollywood, but we only saw 16 of those auditions. I know a lot of people tune in for the bad auditions, but we can't have all the bad auditions in one show. Take out all the filler and we could have squeezed in all 31 Hollywood bound performances. (I learned from last year that one person that can be liked in auditions but start to grow hated quickly. From last season this mainly was Lil Rounds, awesome audition but then went downhill. I was consistent about Adam and Kris all season, I still don't get how they finished first and second and Danny Gokey third.)

I'm going to write very little if anything about the bad auditions.

1) Maddy Curtis was the first contestant to make it through to Hollywood. The 16 year old cutie sang Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". (Remember when Jason Castro kicked butt on that song.) I thought she did a great job. My only concern is she's only 16, people that young usually flame out. See Stevie Wright from last year. She was great in the auditions, but then flamed out on live TV. (I was really annoyed by Kara during her performance, how is she still on this show?) Yes to Hollywood.

2) Bad Audition Alert: Pat Ford he tortured Brittany Spears "Womanizer" like someone would a small animal. He said he would be back next season. Simon sarcastically said "we now have something to look forward to next season". Simon this is why we will miss you. Hell no to Hollywood.

3) Jennifer Hirsh: I really liked her but did she really sing a song from "The Wizard Of Oz". She sang the line "ding dong the witch is dead". Yes to Hollywood.

4) Claire Fuller-23- she was very good. She's attractive but I didn't write any other notes about her. (Feel free to send pictures and any other information of her or any other contestants.)

Part 2 tomorrow, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites