Monday, January 11, 2010

"Caprica", 80's Stars Make A Comeback

Hola,

The prequel to "Battlestar Galactica" is now showing on the SyFy channel or even more convenient for me at Comcast On Demand. It's titled "Caprica" and my wife and I watched the first episode last night. I liked "BSG", although I still have only been able to watch Season 1 so far, so I gave the prequel a shot. This episode starts out very slowly, almost so slowly that I gave up on it. However I stuck with it and I'm glad I did, I was really groovin' with it by the end of the show. There are now two episodes of "Caprica" on demand, however we only watched episode 1 last night. I'm going to watch the second episode tonight and I would highly recommend it to you.

A couple of the stars of the 80's are on "Caprica". The first is Esai Morales, his most famous role is the role of Bob Morales in "La Bamba". As Bob Morales he plays Ritchie Valens' half-brother. I really like Esai Morales, he's got the coolness factor down. Another 80's star from this show is Eric Stoltz. He's in such memorable movies as "Mask", "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" and "Some Kind of Wonderful". The other 80's actor that I saw last night is Mare Winningham. She appears as Lily Rush's step-mother in the always excellent "Cold Case". It's good to see all three of these back on the scene, let's hope they stay around for awhile.

I know I'm geeking out but I'm really excited about Season 9 of "American Idol" starting tomorrow. Check out mjsbigblog.com for all the latest gossip about past and future Idols.

I read another big chunk of Stephen King's "Under The Dome" yesterday. What a great book, it's so hard to put down. I should be done with it by tomorrow, hopefully before "American Idol" :)

Have a moi bueno day!

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites