Monday, January 18, 2010

"The Blind Side", "No More Drama", Cheryl Cole

Hello,

We had a great family activity today. My hot wife, our three youngest kids and I went to see "The Blind Side". What a great, great movie. It's a bit emotionally manipulative though, one second I was laughing and the next second I was on the verge of tears. Both Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw were great in the movie as the Touhy's. Quinton Aaron played Michael Oher very well also. This is also a great book and when I got home I put it on hold at the local library so that I can read it again. The book isn't as emotionally manipulative as the movie. I strongly recommend you go see this movie, it's a great movie. It's the first movie to cross the $200 million mark with a woman as the lead. Also it's the highest grossing football movie ever. themusicaddict gives this movie a 9.5/10.

Currently Oher is starring for the Baltimore Ravens. I've read draft experts say if last season's draft was done over again, Oher might be the #1 draft pick overall. Overall this is just such a great, heart touching story. The fact that it's a true story just adds to the coolness factor.

Also Simon Cowell is in talks with Paula Abdul to join his "X Factor" coming in the Fall of 2011. I don't know why he would bring her back, she's not that good of a judge. However he also is talking to Cheryl Cole, I wouldn't mind seeing her a couple of times a week.



General Larry Platt was on "The View" again today, I love the General and "Pants On The Ground". Much love and respect to the General.



My biggest fan responded again to my blog, that of course is Thaddeus. Thaddeus must be a big fan of or actually be Mary J. Blige. This is their latest critique of my blog:

"*sighs* I'm sure you knew I would return...1st off, In the song "Good Love" that line is NOT in the song at all...so, you FAILED!

Second, What makes Mary a legend is her earlier work. She's called the queen of Hip-Hop Soul for a purpose. She credited for creating the melody Alicia & Eyraka is singing.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW CAN SOMEONE TALK ABOUT MUSIC AND NOT KNOW THE HISTORY BEHIND IT.

I've shown your blog to a few friends and they agree that nothing you say is VALID and you should DELETE this blog. Your constant HATE towards someone who's making QUALITY music and is her own artist makes me wonder that your blinded by society.

Mary has albums that have made the best albums of alltimes, from rolling stones to Entertainment magazine. It's clear your NOT a "music addict" your just some cheesy guy who THINKS he know's music...smh.

I hope you take heed and listen to Mary's earlier work, study it, & see how her music style influenced the quality sounds you hear today. After Mary's 1st album EVERYONE duplicated that "Hip-Hop Soul" sound...EVERYONE!

That is all!"

I've edited her comment a bit, I'm assuming Thaddeus is a girl. I took out a lot of the double spacing for it to be easier to read. My response to Thaddeus:

Thaddeus is right, I misquoted the line in Blige's "Good Love". The line actually is "Is this the first time you've heard this?" That completely changes the song and I regret my mistake, however I never claimed to be a big expert on Mary J. Blige.

It's also fine that you don't think this blog is valid, but I'm not going to delete it. This is a blog about the music I love, not all music.

I also never claimed this to be a history of music blog. I know a lot of the history of the music but that knowledge leans towards rock and pop. Not so much r & b. Also Thaddeus I don't hate Mary J. Blige, I hardly know anything about her. Her music is just not my cup of tea. That's why there's chocolate and vanilla ice cream, because people have different likes and interests. What does smh mean? Does it mean so much handsomeness, so much hotness or so much humor?

You suggest I listen to Mary J. Blige's earlier work. This is the thing I don't care about her music. I'm not a hater, I'm just not a fan. I only have so much time in the day and I prefer to listen to the music I like. I do appreciate your passion and respect for MJB. I also wanted to find out something about you Thaddeus, when are you going to enable access to your blogger profile?

Last and not least I think we should just agree to disagree and as Blige sings herself, "No More Drama".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites