Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Awful "AI" Chicago Auditions, Part 1

Hello,

With great excitement I looked forward to seeing the Chicago auditions, the same place the great Jennifer Hudson comes from. (It makes me laugh they talk about a 7th place finisher so highly. Of course she succeeded in spite of that, using "American Idol" as a springboard to bigger and better things. Where are Diana Degarmo, Jasmine Trias, LaToya London, George Huff and John Stevens? They all finished higher than Hudson that season. Hudson has even had a better career than that season's winner Fantasia. I would love to see Allison Iraheta have the same kind of after "AI" bump.)

12,000 people tried out but only 13 people are going to Hollywood. Sending 13 people to Hollywood seemed to be a bit of a stretch as well. Although it was refreshing to see a guest judge with a personality and some intelligent opinions. I echo ew.com's Michael Slezak, can she replace either Kara and Randy permanently? Although my suggestion would be that she replace them both.

I did make a Top 5 at the end of this blog, but I'm not stuck in my opinion. These people better start doing singing better or they're going to wash out in Hollywood quickly. (According to mjsbigblog.com it's known that 22 of the Top 24 contestants are already selected. For now I continue to not go to the rumor sites.)

On to this very dreary episode.

1) Katelyn Epperly: She of the divorcing parents. She's siding with mother but still speaking with father. She sang "Syrup and Honey" by Duffy. She received 4 yeses from the judges. 5/5

No comments:

Favorites