Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thaddeus, I'm not a Mary J. Blige hater

Hello,

I received a comment from a Thaddeus and I'd like to respond.

This is what they said:

"Sweetie, Are you serious about Mary J Blige?
You obviously need to do your research before you talk shit!
Mary has the most successful R&B song of all times (15 WEEKS AT #1)...Her songs are used in movies, commercials, sampled, covered, & sung on american Idol.
She's done 780,000 1st week album sales...THE BEST FOR A FEMALE R&B ARTIST!
Songs:
Real Love
Im going down
Family Affair
Missing you
Be without you
No More Drama
Take Me As I Am
...This is just to name a few."

Obviously I didn't do my research, but that's my point. If she's a music legend, the average person should no a few of her songs. I did not know any of her songs, that's why I question her as a music legend. I look at the list of songs you list. I've heard of a few, but none of them bring the tune to my head. I would argue with one more thing, about the first week sales. It seems back in the day Whitney Houston was moving a million plus units in her first week of sales. Whitney Houston, in my opinion, now there's a music legend.

I will have to check her out. I'm going to lala.com right now to check out some of her music. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I welcome all comments, especially if you disagree with me. I'm themusicaddict, not themusicexpert.

Much respect to General Larry Platt, themusicaddict

1 comment:

Thaddeus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Favorites