Saturday, June 4, 2011

NBA Finals Rocks!, You Know Your Old When....., Great Songs

Hello,

ESPN, I absolutely love your network. However I know that Shaq has retired, can you please stop talking about him so much now?

Yesterday there was more court shenanigans going on in relation to the NFL labor situation. I was going to write about it, but then I realized I didn't care enough. I do want the NFL to come back, but I'm bored to death by the court part of it. Once you get blood sucking lawyers involved, whatever the situation is it has reached it's nadir.

Now for a musical interlude, do you remember this great song?



The NBA Finals continues tomorrow from Dallas. (Um, Jerry Jones maybe you can learn a few things from the Mavericks on how to run a team? It seems you knew how at one time, but have forgotten. I'll point out that Dallas hasn't won a Super Bowl without mostly Jimmy Johnson's players.) Anyway I'm very excited for tomorrow's Game 3. This stat from ESPN: When an NBA Finals is tied at 1, the team that wins Game 3 is 11-0 in winning the NBA Finals. Obviously tomorrow's game is huge and I'm getting so pumped up about it. This series could go so many ways at this point.

Interesting sub plots include having the next three games in Dallas. Also how well will The Big 3 continue to come together. Dirk's continued emergence, also his finger obviously isn't bothering him. I know he scored the final 9 points for Dallas in Game 2. Maybe we can stay away from talking about Dirk's "dominance" when he's only shooting only 43% from the field in the first two games.

Another musical interlude. Yes, I know these guys suck but I like this song:



EW.com has a feature about 10 CD's that they are excited about coming out this summer. You know you're old when you only got semi excited about one of them. The 10 CD's are the following and my opinions on them:

1) Beyonce, out June 28th. Yawn. The two songs I've heard off this CD have been awful. That includes that incredibly awful "1+1". That's a terrible song, that might be the most boring song of this year. I've never quite understood the whole Beyonce thing. She was great in "Dream Girls", but other than that she has been less than impressive.
2) Eminem, out June 14th. 3) Lil Wayne, out June 21st 4) Pitbull, out June 21st. Oh good yet more repetitive, lame, uninspired rap. Obviously rap isn't a fad, I'm just not sure how it's survived this long. I wish I could put all rap music on a lockout. This is what I was trying to say, but not very well. This is a comment attached to the Heavy D song:

"And that was the last time the phrase "Feelin Hunky Dorey" was ever used by a Hip Hop artist? XD

I miss these days when there was more to hip hop than bragging and misogyny, using rented ho's/cars to show off riches the "artist" doesn't actually have and artists that actually knew more words than "Ni%%er" and "F%%k/Motherf%%%er".

To the hip hop "artists" of today: "Yeah guys, we get it: You're a rich little ghetto badass...but do you actually have any rhythm/lyrical talent/intelligence?"
nightmathzombieethan

Ethan I completely agree with you, thanks for the insight.

5) Owl City, out June 14th. More singer-songwriter songs with all the beeps and bloops. A one hit wonder that will soon disappear. I do like "Fireflies", but I don't want to hear that song 10 times on one CD.
6) Bon Iver, out June 21st. I admit I know hardly anything about him or his music. But the little of his music I've heard hasn't made me want to listen to any more. I listened to a few of his songs on napster.com, they are very boring.
7) Selena Gomez, out June 28th. I could care less, but my 10 year old daughter is probably quite excited.
8) Colbie Caillat, out July 12th. While I know she has had one or two good songs, I just can't get into such mellow songs for an extended period of time.
9) Swiss Beatz, out late summer. I could care less about his music. The only thing I want to know is how did he get such a gorgeous woman in Alicia Keys?
10) David Cook, out June 28th. I'm not super thrilled about this CD, but this is the one that interests me the most. Here's the okay first single, "The Last Goodbye":



CDs that interest me more include: Neil Young, out June 14th, Incubus, out July 12th, Arctic Monkeys, out June 7th and the Edge and Bono written "Spider-Man" soundtrack. I really like this song "Rise Above".



Now for some great songs and songs rocking my iPod:

1) "The Bad Thing"- The Arctic Monkeys:



2) "Leave Right Now"- Will Young
3) "Shiny, Shiny"- Haysi Fantayzee



4) "Beautiful Girls"- Van Halen



That's still a great song, but I was surprised by how much Dave can't sing. Eddie Van Halen is still a virtuoso on the guitar though.



5) "A White Sport Coast and a Pink Carnation"- Marty Robbins



6) "Nice To Know You"- Incubus One of the greatest kiss off songs ever



7) "Good Times, Bad Times"- Led Zeppelin One of the amazing songs from the greatest band ever.
8) "Left of Center"- Suzanne Vega Not only does Vega have other great songs besides "Luka". This song also come from one of the greatest soundtracks of all-time "Pretty In Pink".



9) "Smooth Criminal"- Alien Ant Farm
10) "Mabel"- Goldfinger



11) "Looking For A New Love"- Jody Watley



12) "I Used To Love Him"- the amazing Lauryn Hill
13) "Before He Cheats"- the gorgeous Carrie Underwood.
14) "Now That We Found Love"- Heavy D and the Boyz



15) "Moneytalks"- AC/DC



16) "Wanna Be Startin' Something"- Michael Jackson
17) "Rumors"- Timex Social Club



18) "Open Your Heart"- Madonna I miss so much the great music of the 80's.



19) "Remedy"- The Black Crowes
20) "The Remedy" Jason Mraz
21) "Impossible"- Shontelle I love everything about this song.



22) "The Warrior"- Scandal
23) "This City"- Acute I would include a video for this song, but I can't find one on youtube.com. That's very rare when I can't find a video for a song.
24) "Last Resort"- Papa Roach This is a song meant to heard live.



25) "Bodies"- Drowning Pool



26) "Crazy Train"- Ozzy Osbourne
27) "Girlfriend In A Coma"- The Smiths
28) "Sunday Morning"- No Doubt
29) "Big Time"- Peter Gabriel
30) "Detroit Rock City"- Kiss
31) "It's A Sin"- Pet Shop Boys
32) "Right Hand Man"- Joan Osborne



33) "Fast Car"- Tracy Chapman
34) "Daisy Duke"- Rooney
35) "Original Sin"- INXS
36) "Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)- The Hollies
37) "Mother's Talk"- Tears For Fears
38) "In The City"- The Eagles
39) "Im Not Okay (I Promise)- My Chemical Romance
40) "Venus"- Bananarama

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites