Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tonight is a must win for the Mavs, Songs rocking my iPod

Hello,

Shaq announced his retirement yesterday. Yawn! When was the last time he was a relevant NBA player? Yeah I know about the 4 championships and the 49 40+ point games blah, blah, blah. I just never got the sense that O'Neal ever cared 100% or gave 100% effort. Imagine if Shaq had the drive and passion of Michael Jordan. I dread thinking about all the damage he would have left behind. The NBA would be cleaning up his carnage for years. When I say damage I mean all the titles he would have won and the destroyed psyches of his opponents. I'm not a big Shaq fan or a fan of the teams he played for, but Shaq carnage would have been fun to watch.

Dirk I hope your finger is fine and you can play at 100%. Your team and the NBA Finals needs you. As much as I hate to say the second game in any playoff series is a must win, that's exactly what tonight's Game 2 is. If Dallas loses the game they'll be down 2-0 and they aren't going to win 4 of 5 games against Miami. I don't think they would win 4 of 7 games against Miami. It's more likely that Miami will sweep this series than it go to a 7 game series. If I was a betting man, I'd bet Miami in 6.

Also it's time to end the hate for the Heat. Sure, they worked together behind the scenes to join forces. So what, do you think they are the first players to do that? It seems they followed all the rules. Some people are arguing that they joined forces because they aren't competitive and that they want an easy road to the NBA title. Doesn't every player want the best teammates he possibly can? Remember all that people will remember 10 years from now is that Miami won the title.

If you want to hate someone, hate Scam Newton. The man and his father cheated at Florida and then at Auburn. Who's dirtier Terrelle Pryor or Scam Newton? Both were professional players while in college. By professional I mean, both were being paid while at school. It's about time for Karma to catch up with Newton. When the NFL finally resumes, I predict he'll be a bust.

It's fun watching LeBron James, the best player in the NBA, and Dewayne Wade play together. Wade is the most sublime player in the NBA. I could watch him play game after game. I'm afraid he's starting to wear down, I only see him having two or three more great years. Enjoy him now. Also Chris Bosh efforts shouldn't be forgotten. He's the unheralded third wheel. His outside shot creates space for the Heat to run a lot of their plays. Also Eric Spoelstra should get his proper due for managing a team of such uber talented players. He also does well with the other players integrating all of them into a complete team. The scary thing is this team is going to be better next year.

Now on to songs rocking my iPod:

1) "Breakout"- Swing Out Sister One of the catchiest songs of all-time.



2) "Kerosene"- Miranda Lambert
3) "Don't Shed A Tear"- Paul Carrack
4) "Love Bites"- Def Leppard
5) "Low"- Kelly Clarkson
6) "Uptight (Everything's Alright)"- Stevie Wonder A surprisingly funky song from one of the all-time greats.



7) "Know Your Enemy (Live)"- Rage Against The Machine
8) "There Ain't Nothing Wrong With The Radio"- Aaron Tippin
9) "Checkered Floor"- Silversun Pickups



10) "The Look of Love Part 1"- ABC
11) "Diamond and Pearls"- Prince
12) "The '59 Sound"- The Gaslight Anthem



13) "Viva Africa"- Nneka



14) "Starstruck"- Lady Gaga Even Lady Gaga's deep cuts are amazing songs, now if we didn't have to see her nearly naked body every chance she gets.



15) "Subdivisions"- Rush



16) "Slide"- Goo Goo Dolls
17) "Outre Risque Locomotive"- Neneh Cherry This song is not for the faint of heart, there's no doubt about what this song is about.



18) "Extraordinary Girl"- Green Day
19) "Obsession"- Animotion
20) "I Held Her In My Arms"- Violent Femmes I'd completely forgot about this song until it came up on random on my iTunes.



21) "Sugar, Were Going Down"- Andrew Garcia Yes, I like his version better than Fall Out Boys.



22) "Momma's Boy"- Elizabeth and the Catapult



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites