Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Miami Heat Dominate. Jazz please don't draft Jimmer Fredette #2

Hello,

How corrupt is Ohio State? it seems Terrelle Pryor has driven up to 8 different cars while at OSU. Although Jim Tressel won over 100 games and dominated Michigan in his time at OSU, all that is now tainted. If one rule has been broken, then at least one other rule has been broken. Now there will be at least a few more things coming out that were improper during Tressel's reign. I also predict that Pryor's time at OSU is done. He received up to 8 cars, you can't tell me that at least one violation wasn't committed? Come on! Michigan fans are probably enjoying this.

Now on to something much more exciting, the NBA Finals. I enjoyed Miami's victory over Dallas last night. It seems Dirk's injury is very mild, I'm happy for that. If Nowitski wasn't able to play, how boring would this NBA Finals be? Very! Even with Nowitski I think it's possible that the Heat can sweep this series. I would say that the Mavericks are a little more multi-dimensional than Chicago, but they are still basically a one man team. The Heat are just better and have more weapons. That includes two of the best weapons in the NBA in LeBron James and Dwayne Wade.

I've been dogging Chris Bosh most of the season, but his spectacular playoffs has showed me how little I know. I also enjoy hearing the announcers saying that Bosh dominated his match up with Carlos Boozer. (Sarcasm alert: Boozer, the man that was so important to the Bulls that he sat out the entire 4th quarter in the final game of the Heat-Bulls.) Bosh has a very reliable outside shot, turns many offensive rebounds into baskets and knows his role within the team.

I enjoyed both of James dunks in the 4th quarter, especially the Wade to James alley oop. On that play Wade looked like a running back in the open field, it was a thing of beauty. Don't mock me for my man crush on Dwayne Wade.

Once the Heat finish dominating the NBA Finals, my cheering for them will immediately stop. I will go back to sort of cheering for the Jazz. After the debacle of last season, they are going to have to make some aggressive moves for me to fully follow them once again. The first step too that would be able to draft Derrick Williams. The second step would be that they don't draft Jimmer Fredette. Many people think the Jazz will draft Fredette just as a business move. However I think that would be extremely short sighted. It would give an initial financial boost, but long term it won't work out. He's just never going to better than a mid-level player in the NBA. If he works hard enough maybe he could be a poor man's Mike Miller. I think Fredette is a slightly better shooter, but he's not as good of a rebounder or defender.

How about those Dodgers? They've won 3 in a row. Okay I know that isn't much but Dodgers fans have got to take our small victories where we can. LA is still only 26-30 and third place in the NL West. Befitting a mediocre team that they are, they are 5-5 over their last 10 games. LA desperately needs to add a big bat to have any shot at the postseason. However the Dodgers continue to burn while McCourt continues to destroy the team he "loves".

As the NFL Greed Out continues on into June, the chance of losing games increase each day. We are currently at about the 80th day of the Greed Out, I can't find the exact day number though. The NFL season is suppose to start on September 8th, do you think that's going to happen? Neither do I. The courts are receiving the most work with this. The stay on the lockout will last at least until June 3rd. (On June 3rd the last thing I'll be thinking about is the NFL. I have the day off and plan on going to see "X Men". I would rather spend my time with the gorgeous January Jones than a bunch of sweaty football players. See below this paragraph.) That's when a full appeal will be heard, many people think that the owners are going to win that. That would mean that the NFL's lockout would continue indefinitely. In other words until the players give in there will be no football. I think NFL fans should migrate to college football, which is much better anyway, because this season probably will be shortened. Although the NFL Chicken Little's are suggesting that the whole season will be cancelled. I highly doubt that will happen.




The good thing about the NFL Greedout is that although greed got the NFL into this predicament, greed is going to be the thing to get them out. Also if I hear one more person talk about the irreparable harm being done to the players I'm going to vomit. If they can't be in the NFL, they will need to go out and find a real job. How am I suppose to feel sympathy for them?

The NBA are currently dealing with the possibility of labor strife as well. They say they are watching what the NFL is doing in hopes that they won't make the same mistakes. I think that's the right thing to do. The main take away from the NFL's protracted non negotiations is that they are going to court rather than actually negotiating. In other words negotiate don't fight in court. The only ones that win then is the lawyers. Remember it's in their best interests for this to turn into a protracted legal battle, which exactly is what they are trying to do.

On to something more entertaining, this is Rihanna's new video "Man Down".



How can you watch this video and not say that Rihanna is incredibly gorgeous? Although I would consider myself a fairly big Rihanna fan, I haven't yet bought the CD this song is from "Loud". I'm considering adding it soon now though.

Other great songs, I know I've featured some of these before. I really love this first song and the lyrics are awesome. I usually try to feature the live versions of these songs. However the live version of "Hunter" is janky. Plus this version has they lyrics as well.



I'm including the following video even though Mr. Irrelevant is in it. Having Randy Jackson in Journey at one time slightly tarnishes my fond memories of them. Journey's "I'll Be Alright Without You":



Although the Spin Doctors aren't technically a one hit wonder, they lasted about as long as one. Do you remember that month or two that they were popular in the 90's? They do have some good songs though:



I can't remember what I was watching the other day when this song came on. A typically intelligent woman wouldn't fall for this line, would they? This is Color Me Badd's "I Wanna Sex You Up":



In the same vein as the above song, this is one of the catchiest songs ever. This is Dexy's Midnight Runners' "Come On Eileen":



One of the greatest beginnings of a song ever. Also one of the happiest love songs ever.



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites