Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tonight's rainy finale of "The Killing", R.I.P. Clarence Clemons

Hello,

Tonight is the finale of "The Killing", I'm predicting a less than satisfying conclusion. The show started out strongly, but has deteriorated as the season has gone on. If this season hadn't been coming to an end tonight, I'd seriously think about giving up on it. I'm afraid that the finale will be stupid. There will be some of a shock at to who the killer is, I just hope it's not someone whose character hasn't been on the show at all. Of course, it will be raining through at least half of the show. I get that it rains a lot in Seattle, but so much rain literally dampens the plot. I'm hoping for a lot more sun in Season Two. I would also like a lot less stray plot lines.

All I know about tonight's episode is that Darren Richmond isn't the killer, we knew that when at the end of episode 12 it seemed that Richmond is the killer. Detective shows rarely show their cards who the killer is until at least the absolute last minute. We also know Belko isn't the killer, the show's show runner said it isn't. Many people think that either Jamie or Gwen, Richmond's main campaign staff, is the killer. I could see either one of those goof balls being the killer. It would be doubly shocking if they were complicit in the murder and clean up. Although clues have been pointing against either being the killer. I will stick with my original prediction that I made after seeing the first episode. That is that Rosie's Dad, Stan, is the killer. With his beating Bennet and some other suspicious activities it seems the show may be leading to that conclusion. Are those clues or is this a typical police drama misdirection?

My Top 4 favorite AMC series of all-time:

1) "Mad Men", fifth season starting sometime in this winter
2) "Rubicon", unfortunately cancelled after one season
3) "The Walking Dead", second season this fall
4) "The Killing", will also have a second season

"Breaking Bad" is not on this list because I can't quite get over the ick factor of what the show is about.

Then coming this fall from AMC is "Hell on Wheels":



Then in something very sad, one of the most famous sidemen in the history of rock and roll has passed away. That's the legendary sax player Clarence Clemons. He played for many years with Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band. Springsteen affectionately referred to him as bad man. His influence in the E Street Band was bigger than it seemed.

Bruce Springsteen's thoughts on the loss of Clemons:



Clarence's solo in "Jungleland":



Clarence Clemons sax solo on Jackson Browne's "You're A Friend of Mine".



Clemons also performed the sax solo on Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory".

R.I.P. Big Man!

This song doesn't have a lot to do with Clarence Clemons, but I think the feeling of this song is perfectly in sync with the death of Clemons. Unfortunately this isn't the full 11:38 version that's on his "Live 1975-1985" CD.



themusicaddict

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there any way I could get you to explain why you have a problem with Breaking Bad but not every other AMC show you watch? While you're at it, can you explain how you have a problem with the Playboy show on NBC but not shows like 30 Rock or Love Bites, which also deal with adult sexual topics. And while you're at that one, will you explain how you pretend to have an "ick factor" about you when your blog is platered with half-naked women to a point where I would be hesitent to say that your blog is something that can be opened safely at work?

Thanks.

Favorites