Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The BCS Sucks # 4,000,006

Hello,

I will admit I love USC and hate the BCS. One an organization covered in glory, albeit a lot of that now has been tarnished. The BCS is without glory and is completely tarnished. I would say to say thanks to USC Athletic Director Pat Haden for manning up and accepting any punishment with class.

The BCS has struck again, one of the most corrupt and greedy organizations is dispensing justice. Although the BCS and NCAA have no official relationship, the BCS followed the NCAA's lead in punishing USC. (Again how is the BCS not part of the NCAA? The fox has truly taken over the hen house.) Anyway the BCS has stripped USC of the 2004 beat down of Oklahoma for the national championship. I love the seriously flawed and corrupt BCS is dispensing justice. That makes me laugh. It reminds me of my ex-wife and when she tries to give me advice, which is either common sense or complete nonsense. It also reminds me of trying to get a short sale on my former home and how I have to prove that I'm as poor as I say I am. I have to prove to an industry, the housing industry, even more corrupt than the BCS that I'm honest? The same industry who invented sub prime slime is asking for proof of honesty from me?

Also I'm laughing that former Auburn coach, Tommy Tuberville, says that Auburn should be retroactively awarded the 2004 National Title. Auburn you should just be happy with your one tainted championship. When the truth about Scam Newton comes out, Auburn will be joining USC in getting their 2010 title stripped. You may want to stay off the radar Auburn.

With Haden's guiding hand I have a feeling USC will be back. I look forward to them playing Utah in a couple of months. I'm hoping that the BCS is finally on the way out with the Justice Department wanting to talk to them.

I would like to dedicate a song to the corrupt and greedy BCS, the slimy housing industry and to the other irritants in my life:



I also have been a little harsh on LeBron James, he hasn't been an offensive star in clutch time. However he has been an amazing defender, he has completely shut down Jason Terry in those 4th quarters. Terry doesn't have a chance when LeBron James is guarding him. Honestly it's not fair, it looks like a man guarding a boy.

Game 4 of the NBA Finals is tonight. For the third straight game, this is a must win game for the Mavericks. They are 1-1 in their previous must win games. We'll see what effect Dirk Nowitski's negative comments have on Jason Terry. Not that Terry's disappearance is 100% his fault. LeBron has grounded the jet.

Also it seems Dallas wants to make Miami play more ferocious, some of the Mavericks have been doing some trash talking. This cracks me up as DeShawn Stevenson is one of the trash talkers. Yes the same Stevenson that hardly plays and might not even be with the Mavericks next year. He was a #1 pick of the Jazz and that was a bad pick by the Jazz. He never lived up to his potential and I'm surprised that he's still in the league. Stevenson is known more for his bad decisions than his basketball ability. And he's calling out the Heat? DeShawn please shut up, averaging 17 minutes a game obviously means you aren't that important to the Mavericks success. The press shouldn't pay attention so such non important players. What next is Brian Cardinal going to start calling out the Heat?

I love the trash talk though as that just makes what has been an intense series even more intense. This has been a great series, everything you'd ever want to see. Is this the night that Miami is going to get that blowout? I just see them getting at least one blowout win.

Yesterday was the MLB Draft. If you didn't know about it, don't be shocked. For the most part players in the MLB Draft are unknown until they reach the majors. I don't know anything about these players, I took my information from espn.com. I'm writing their names and then in 5 years we can see how wise of picks these were.

1) Pittsburgh picked Gerrit Cole, a pitcher from UCLA. He has a losing record this season but the scouts love his stuff. The three players that Pittsburgh has previously picked at #1 overall have for the most part been busts. Last year the Pirates added pitchers with their first two picks, Jameson Taillon and Stetson Allie. Obviously I'm hoping that at least two of these pitchers can be productive major leaguers. If Pittsburgh's young players develop as expected, Pittsburgh should have a bright future. There's already hope in Pirates land as Pittsburgh is 28-30 so far this season. The Pirates are learning how to win.

2) Seattle picked pitcher Danny Hultzen. Quick question: beside Ichiro and the King, can you name another player on the Mariners? Yeah, either can I.

3) Arizona picked Cole's UCLA teammate Trevor Bauer. What does it say about the Bruins that they didn't win the College World Series with two studs in their pitching staff. Or what does it say about the two pitchers?

4) Baltimore picked another pitcher, Dylan Bundy. Poor Dylan Bundy, he's going to one of the graveyards of MLB. The perennial last place team in MLB's toughest division. Another team haunted by a terrible ownership group. I can only name one Orioles player.

5) Kansas City picked the first non-pitcher at #5, Bubba Starling. Starling has a choice to make it seems. Playing for the Nebraska Cornhuskers or playing for a Kansas City minor league team. I would say with a name like that Bubba Starling he has got to be a star. I can see that name in headlights for many years to come.

9) The pathetic Cubs, really that should be their full name, picked Javier Baez at #9. It seems Chicago would be a great place to play, but they suck so much. I hope this kid will be a productive major leaguer as the Cubs need a lot of help. Even when the Cubs have spent a lot of money it hasn't turned out real well for them. But this year has been a disaster. From Carlos Zambrano ripping on his teammates to horrid play on the field, the Cubs are playing very ugly baseball. Zambrano how has that ripping your teammates worked out for you? Your apology is too little, too late.

The Cubs have completely fallen apart of late. They are now 23-35 this season, having lost 7 in a row. Not only are they losing, but they are losing stupidly. The Cubs are 1-9 and hopelessly out of the playoff picture already.

Today would have been Thurman Munson's 64th birthday. Although I hate the Yankees I liked Munson. He was a free wheeling sort who danced to the beat of his own drum. I still remember the day he died, he was only 32. I was saddened by the loss of such a great and fun player. R.I.P. Thurman.

Also I'd like to wish a happy birthday to Prince. He seemingly doesn't like to have his music on youtube. Even if you find one of his original videos, there's a different song with it. I love Prince but I hate his greed. Here are a couple of my favorite Prince songs:





In the early March issue of Rolling Stone, they have a big story about The Clash. They are one of those bands that has iconic status although I'm not sure why. This article increased my interest so I checked them out. I'm surprised that I like them so much. They are known mostly for "Train In Vain", "Rock The Casbah" and "Should I Stay Or Should I Go". However they have many other good songs. I love these old clips, Tom Snyder and The Clash go together like cats and dogs. I would suggest for the uninitiated, which I'm part of, to check out their "Live at Shea Stadium" CD. It's very good and I was surprised how good of a live band they are. Here's one of their lesser known songs.



This is just an amazing song. I originally heard this song on the Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD. The students of BYU-Idaho don't do it quite as well, but they do a fairly good job of a hard song.



Just one of the many amazing Madonna songs. The 80's was her decade for sure. This song was featured in the movie "Vision Quest". I haven't seen that movie for awhile, but it was pretty good back in the day. I don't know how well it would have aged though.



Actually "Vision Quest" had several good songs in it. Thanks to amazon.com for letting me refresh my memory of all of the good songs on its soundtrack. Two songs by Madonna and this great song:



I honestly dislike Adam Lambert's singing style now and when he was on "American Idol". I hated how much hype, most of which I felt was undeserved, was heaped by him on the judges. I hate his screeching and was dubious of how much success he would end up having. Well so far he hasn't had much. Now we have people stealing his screeching, ie James Durbin. That being said I love this song. If this song doesn't cause you to dance, you are dead. I've listened to this song about 5 times already today.



An unknown song by an unknown band, both of which need to get some exposure.



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites