Monday, July 18, 2011

5 days to Spotify! Enjoying Now

Hello,

I've written a lot about Spotify over the last few days and my journey and frustration in being able to even get an invite, let alone even using it. I waited 5 days, which is a long time in the days of the internet. After an 11 hour day I came home and checked my e-mail and I finally received an invite to Spotify! Of course I immeadiately I downloaded it and started listening to it.

The first song I listened to on Spotify is the great Frank Sinatra's song "New York, New York". To paraphrase that song for Spotify. If Spotify can make it here, they can make it anywhere.



The first song I've discovered is this fairly cool song. This is "U.S.A." by Lovex:



I'm listening to the playlist they created for American users. That playlist so far has been fairly good, although there's some rap music. It's easy to skip songs though. It took me a bit to figure out certain things, but Spotify has been very user friendly. They've also automatically imported all the songs and playlists from my iTunes to Spotify. I have about 1700 more songs in my Spotify iTunes playlist than I do on my actual iTunes. I also can sync Spotify to my iTunes. I haven't done that yet and probably won't.

For now I'm just playing with it, but I will give you updates as I go along. I'm giving Spotify an A++ grade. For things in entertainment I'm a notoriously difficult grader.

One thing I'm noticing is the music is all the same volume. On iTunes I've got music from multiple places and multiple editions so the volume varies wildly. On Spotify it's the same volume each song. That's awesome.

Since I'm using the free Spotify there are some limitations. After about 10 songs I heard my first commercial. It was a 10 second plug to upgrade to Spotify premium for "only" 9.99 a month. If I had more discretionary money I would definitely upgrade. Other features about the premium membership is you can listen to it on your phone. Also if you lose internet connectivity you can have up to 3000 songs from spotify saved on your phone.

theveryhappymusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites