Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ridiculously Hot Katy Perry, Tampa Bay's Bright Future, Great Songs

Hello,

Here's some eye candy to start off your day. Katy Perry is looking ridiculously hot here. She looks amazing as a blonde. If you can wear a smurfs dress and still look fantastic, then you are a gorgeous woman. I expect any day now she's going to dumping her husband Russell Brand.



After 132 days of greed and stupidity, the NFL Lockout is finally over. Now that it's done I'm hoping that we no longer refer to it. I don't ever want to hear the following terms ever again: lockout, Collective Bargaining Agreement, lawyers, NFLPA, Jerry Jones or greed.

Speaking of Jerry Jones his Cowboys are $13.9 million dollars over this season's salary cap, yes before it even starts! Thanks Jerry Jones for being such a great GM. Not! Some of the bad contracts the Cowboys have include deals with Roy Williams, Marion Barber and Tony Romo.

I know that Romo is the starting quarterback, but is he really worthy of the $9 million dollars he's slated to make this year? No. If you don't follow the Cowboys closely and just look at his stats you probably think I'm crazy. But I'm not crazy as I've been a Cowboys fan since Roger Staubach and Tom Landry roamed the sidelines. Romo is prone to turnovers and poor decision making Having turnovers is one thing but a lot of his turnovers are dumb. For instance, he likes to throw the ball into to tight of coverage. The result is too many interceptions. He also doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. How long until the Cowboys fall out of love with Romo and they can get a real quarterback?

As in MLB, in the NFL I have more than one team that I follow. In the NFL I also cheer for Tampa Bay and San Francisco. After Tampa Bay had a good season last year, I expect great things from them this year. With the new CBA, they have to spend a lot of money to meet it's guidelines. Listening to Mike and Mike this morning, the thought was floated that possibly both Reggie Bush and Nnamdi Asomugha could both end up in Tampa Bay. I know that's probably a fantasy, but I enjoy thinking the thought. Asomugha is the most coveted player in NFL free agency now. He's going to make himself a lot of money and some team very happy.

Meanwhile the NBA enters it's 26th day of their lockout. If both sides are having talks I haven't heard anything. Just like the NFL they aren't having any urgency. Unlike the NFL I think their negotiations are going to be a lot contentious. Also there will be games missed in the regular season. Some people think there might not be an NBA season at all. I highly doubt that the players will break long before they get to that point. I'd like to see NBA players go on an extended break, I just don't want to hear every detail. Let me know when the two greedy sides agree to a new deal.

A'mare Stoudamire is the latest player flirting with playing internationally. I would love to see him go and not come back. He of the shot knees is going to jeopardize his NBA career to play for several million less than he's making in the NBA? That doesn't factor in very lucrative endorsements. Please, A'mare isn't going anywhere. There are several NBA players that are dying for some attention, that's his motivation in bringing this up. Out of all the major NBA players threatening to go overseas, the only one I think is sincere is Deron Williams. I still would be very surprised if he plays overseas this year.

Literary notes: Doesn't this sound like a cool book idea? From an EW review, "the story of a girl who reinvents herself each time she moves". That's the description for the book titled "What Happened To Goodbye? by Sarah Dessen.

With the amazing success of Steig Larsson's Millenium trilogy (aka "The Girl Who" books) people keep on wanting to find "the next Stieg Larsson". Who can blame them? I love Mikael Blomqvist as a character. He fights for what he believes in, exposes those who should be exposed and he's a very likable guy. Although I don't think every woman in the world desires him. Also who can forget Lisbeth Salander, she's one of the greatest characters ever created in fiction.

One person mentioned who many claim may be able to fill his void is Henning Mankell. His main character is Kurt Wallander. Mankell wrote about 10 books with this character. However Mankell says he's not going to write any more Wallander novels. I only read one of his books, "The White Lioness", but I wasn't terribly impressed. It was okay but it was wasn't as good as Mankell's reputation would suggest. When I finished reading it I didn't want to read any more in the Wallander series.

Now a new name being added to that list is Jo Nesbo. I look forward to reading one of his books. However he already has one big strike against him. His main character's name is Harry Hole. Harry Hole really? He couldn't have come up with a better name than that. In a serious piece of literature I wouldn't ever have a character who's last name is Hole. There's nowhere to go but down with a name like that, no pun intended.

Also Justin Cronin's "The Passage" has been out in paperback for a couple of months now. If you haven't read it yet, you need to pick it up. It's a great book, with some of it set in Utah. The first book was written with the idea in mind it would be a series, the second book is tentatively scheduled to be released next year.

Here are some great songs for your listening pleasure:

Ministry's "New World Order":



The following video will be offensive to some. James was obviously the original super freak his whole life, but he came up with this incredibly catchy song.



MC Hammer stole from "Super Freak" to create this song:



A slightly oddball selection, but a great song from a great movie/play. This is "High Flying Adored" sung by Antonio Banderas and Madonna. This is from the fantastic "Evita":



A typically bizarre 80's video:



This is a song that will get you up and going from Wolfmother:



All-American Rejects "Swing Swing":



Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher":



I love, love this song.



The above song is dedicated to those of you going through a break up. I know you won't believe it but it gets better. This is how you will feel in a few months.

Sail on, down the line
About half a mile or so
And I don't really wanna know ah
Where you're going
Maybe once or twice you see
Time after time I tried
Hold on to what we got
But now you're going
And I don't mind
About the things you're gonna say
Lord, I gave all my money and my time
I know it's a shame
But I'm giving you back your name
Guess I'll be on my way
I won't be back to stay
I guess I'll move along
I'm looking for a good time

Sail on down the line
Ain't it funny how the time can go
All my friends say they told me so
But it doesn't matter
It was plain to see
That a small town boy like me
Just I wasn't your cup of tea
I was wishful thinking
I gave you my heart
And I tried ot make you happy
And you gave me nothing in return
You know it ain't so hard to say
Would you please just go away

I've thrown away the blues
I'm tired of being used
I want everyone to know
I'm looking for a good time
Good time
Sail on honey
Good times never felt so good
Sail on honey
Good times never felt so good
Sail on sugar
Good times never felt so good
Sail on

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites