Thursday, July 28, 2011

What the hell does this mean?

Hello,

Due to not enough money I've been working on selling my former house on a short sale. I've been getting all sorts of things in the mail or via e-mail. I received a notice yesterday but I'm not really sure what it's trying to say. A piece of paper came with the notification yesterday. In "1984", the novel by George Orwell, he talked about doublespeak. When I read the below notice I was reminded of Orwell's doublespeak.

This is what the paper says verbatim:

"Notice is hereby given that despite any reduced payment arrangement agreed to by the Beneficiary, the Beneficiary does not intend to instruct the Successor Trustee to defer giving the notice of sale and completing the foreclosure beyond the earliest time legally allowed, unless the Beneficiary specifically agrees otherwise in writing."

Huh?

thepuzzledmusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites