Monday, July 25, 2011

NFL Nonsense Finally Over?, Black Veil Brides

Hello,

It sounds like the NFL nonsense, some called it negotiating the new CBA, is finally over. That 4 1/2 months that negotiations went on was excruciating. That's not because there was no football, it's because hearing all the labor minutiae was boring. Other than the Hall of Fame game, which is nearly meaningless, being cancelled there has been no loss of games. The NFLPA is scheduled to have a press conference at the time I'm writing this. Thankfully they officially announced this greed fest is over. They also announced a schedule of when free agent moves etc. can start being made. Thank goodness football is back and labor peace is here. Also I'm glad the CBA is for 10 years and so we don't have to deal with this for that long.

NBA let's hope you learn from the NFL's stupidity.

With football back I look forward to another underachieving season by the Dallas Cowboys. That will be followed by Jerry Jones making excuses why they suck so much. As usual he will deflect the blame from himself. Like Mark Cuban has done, it's time to get someone in the GM position who knows what they are doing. Jerry you've clearly shown you don't know what you are doing, please fire yourself as GM. It would also be good if we didn't see you in front of the camera 24/7.

Also I'm hearing some rumblings of Brett Favre possibly signing to play with the Eagles next season as Michael Vick's backup. Brett please do not come back! Everyone is sick of your constant comeback attempts. And as bad as you played last year, should you really attempt another comeback? Brett just say no please, stay home in Hattiesburg. It's always good to know when it's time to hang 'em up. You've already hung on one season too long, how much more do you want to tarnish your reputation?

My 15 year old son is really digging Black Veil Brides right now. I'm listening to them on Spotify right now and they are okay. This is one of their better songs and I love their mid-80s Motley Crue look in this video:



Since I'm your friend, I want to warn you away from a horrendously bad movie. "The Talented Mr. Ripley" is a disaster. The movie stars and wastes Matt Damon, a great actor. The gorgeous Gwynneth Paltrow is also wasted. Paltrow is also a fine actress. "Ripley" was directed by Anthony Minghella, the director of "The English Patient". That's one of my favorite movies of all-time. In spite of those positives "Ripley" is still terrible. The only thing that could make this movie is if it had been longer. Already it was at least a half-hour too long. I especially hated Ripley sort of getting away with killing half of this movie's cast. It's one thing to outsmart the police when you are brilliant, but when Freddie Freeman figures out what's going on? What the hell? I know he was acting but I hated how simpering Matt Damon played both characters near the end of the movie.

After watching that yesterday afternoon, I hoped greedily for another excellent episode of "Falling Skies". However this might have been the weakest episode of the whole season. It was a fairly boring episode and also insulted my intelligence. I hate movies or TV series where aliens invade and humans decide to turn against humans to gain advantage. It's a very bad idea in this show, because it seems the kids are being turned into skitters. Maybe the skitters don't have a way of reproducing? So all Clayton's people were buying themselves was some time and not immunity. Once the skitters get what they want they will at least kill all the adult humans.

Have we figured out if the skitters or the mechs are in charge yet. They are working together but how willingly are they doing that?

What the humans have to do to win this war is to band together as close to 100% as they can and then systemically destroy the skitters one by one. Also if the skitters have no way of reproducing, the humans can't let their kids become skitters. Especially when the kids turn into something like what Rick is. The former harness kid seems to be still sympathetic to the skitters. I would call him a spy but he's being too obvious to be a spy. I get the sense that he would go back to the skitters gladly if he had the choice.

It will be interesting to see how the final 3 hours of "Falling Skies" season plays out. I hope the producers answer some questions but at the same time create new questions. When I think about this show during it's off season I'd like to think about all the delicious possibilities of what could be happening season 2. I don't want it to be like "The Killing", every time I think about that show I just get mad. I hated the ridiculous ending, especially when they've dragged on the Rosie Larson case way too long already. I also hate the writers and producers who actually thought that ending was a good idea. That was one of the worst endings ever. I wonder how many episodes of Season 2 I'll watch before I stop watching "The Killing" altogether. I guarantee there won't be a season 3 of that show.

Funny line from the May 20th, 2011 Entertainment Weekly, "Dear writers of The Killing. It's called The Killing, not The Raining. Let's speed things up." (I wonder what EW thought when the season 1 finale was over.)

themusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

I was going to send you a link to the Black Veil Brides video; it has been on heavy rotation here.

Favorites