Saturday, July 30, 2011

Vans Warped Tour

Hello,

My oldest boy is trying to convince me to take him to the Vans Warped Tour, it will be in Salt Lake a week from today. The most well known band is Paramore and from what I can tell they are the only half decent band.

Thanks to my friends at Spotify I've been listening to music from some of the bands appearing there. Here's my quick ratings of the bands so far. Devil Wears Prada: a lame screamer band, Grade F. Middle Class Rut, thankfully not a screamer band but also not very good. Grade: D. Asking Alexandria: more screamers, F. August Burns Red, less of a screamer band and a bit more quality. Grade: D

Attack Attack, yes another band of screamers, Grade: D-. Bad Rabbits, weak dance music. Grade: D+. Not the best band ever but a nice change of pace after a bunch of screamer bands.

Big Chocolate: Spotify has no music listed for them, my son assures they have music available on youtube.com. I'll take his word for it. Big D and the Kids Table: they play ska music. They are a little better than the previously mentioned bands, but still not great. Also they have two songs where they say the F-bomb several times. Grade: D

Every Avenue, finally a band that has some good music. By far the best band I've heard by far. They even have a good song that I've heard before and is on my iPod. Grade: C This is "Tell Me I'm A Wreck":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites