Friday, July 8, 2011

"Horrible Bosses", Jennifer Aniston is gorgeous



Hello,

Following my stirring rebuke of both of the terrible Cubs and Dodgers in yesterday's blog, they both won last night. I'm sure my blog had a lot to do with that, lol. Pittsburgh didn't play yesterday, but my other four teams did. All four of those team won. Boston hit 6 home runs, beating Baltimore 10-6 and moved back into first in the AL East. It's important Boston win on Friday as vastly overpaid, under performing John Lackey is pitching for Boston on Saturday.

I'm off to see "Horrible Bosses" in a bit. A review will be coming later, the review is below. Meanwhile here's a picture of the amazingly gorgeous Jennifer Aniston:



Here's my review of "Horrible Bosses", it's fairly good but not great. There are a lot of laughs in it that's for sure. There are some interesting plot twists in it. However I wish the previews didn't show so many of the key moments. I love to watch a movie with as many surprises as possible. With having so many previews now days, it seems like we've seen half the movie before it shows up at the theatre.

Also yes the movie is very crude. The language is terrible with one of the characters name being so profane I won't write it here. The sex is more intimated than actually shown. Also saying the f bomb over and over does not comedy make. All four main actors, Aniston, Day, Batemen and Sudeikis are great. (Jason Sudeikis is allegedly January Jones soon to be baby daddy. And he stars in a movie with Jennifer Aniston? I would say he has lived a charmed life.) Both Colin Farrell and Kevin Spacey in supporting roles are also very good. Of course Spacey is usually great in any movie he's in.

Would I recommend seeing this movie, I would say "yes". Just don't go in expecting a movie as funny as "Wedding Crashers". Although the previews give away so many funny moments, there are still funny moments to be had. I'd have to give this movie a B- grade. If you have to choose between this and "Bad Teacher", go with "Horrible Bosses".

I'm not sure how any straight man can resist the charms of the gorgeous Jennifer Aniston. She's looking amazing in this, as she always does.

Returning to movies harmed by previews giving away too many of the great parts, "Despicable Me". I absolutely loved "Despicable Me" and would have loved it even more if the previews didn't give away the entire story. I read an article about how "The Sixth Sense" caught people by surprise when it first came out. Although it was one of 1999's best movies, it completely came in under the radar. All the better that movie turned out to be without the previews giving away the whole story. I wish movies could go back to that. Perhaps if previews weren't show several months in advance that would help a movie remain fresh. It's especially exacerbated for someone like me who sees a lot of movies. I probably saw the "Despicable Me" preview at least 20 times. That doesn't count all the times I saw it on TV. Many times with entertainment less is more.

Meanwhile meet the new "Footloose", same as the old "Footloose":



The story seems almost exactly the same. I know remakes are usually very similar to the original movie, but this seems even more similar than other remakes. It also looks like a big downgrade from Kevin Bacon to Kenny Wormald? Who? I'd never heard of him before today. It's also looks like a big downgrade from the hilarious Christopher Penn to Miles Teller. Again, who? Although I think it's an upgrade to Julianne Hough. She's looking amazing in this movie. Although there was nothing wrong with Lori Singer.

Again all youtube.com videos today are brought to you by iTunes 10.3.1, thanks for letting me redownload about 400+ songs I've bought over the years from iTunes.

I'm not a big country music fan, but I do like Brad Paisley. Here's one of his many great songs. This is "Better Than This":



Information Society's "What's On Your Mind":



I've never been a big Iron Maiden fan, but I do like this song quite a bit, "Flight of Icarus":



I'm sure this is Marc Anthony's favorite video :) "Jenny From The Block":



One of the best and most unappreciated songs ever is Gene Pitney's "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance":



Other great songs brought to you by iTunes 10.3.1:

Kenny Chesney's "Living In Fast Forward":



Freddy Fender's "Wasted Days and Nights":



Brooks and Dunn's "You Can't Take The Honky Tonk Out Of The Girl":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites