Saturday, July 23, 2011

R.I.P Amy Winehouse, Spotify invite given away

Hello,

Someone has requested the extra Spotify invite that I had and I forwarded it on to them. I hope it works for him. Spotify is pretty damn cool, I'm rocking out to Black Stone Cherry's "Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea" right now. What a great CD and it's currently going through the car test. I will let you know if it passes, I'm sure it will.

Wow! I just read the news about Amy Winehouse dying at the age of 27. Although an amazing talent she was never able to overcome her demons. Although I never got the sense that she was trying to overcome them. Her song "Rehab" was about a conversation she had with her producer Mark Ronson.

She joins the amazing musicians who have died at age 27. These guys could make up a pretty great band. She joins the Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones, the amazing Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin. Although Kurt Cobain was 27 when he died, he does not belong in the above's company. They have a pretty rocking band, but need a drummer. For those of you who are wondering the greatest drummer of all-time, John Bonham, died at the age of 32.

Here are just a few of Amy's amazing songs:

This is my favorite Amy Winehouse song:



"Rehab":



"Back To Black"



"Me and Mr. Jones"



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites