Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Home Run Derby

Hello,

I don't about you but I just didn't care a whole lot about the Home Run Derby. I watched a bit last night but I got tired of it pretty quickly.

What did I do last night instead, I watched the mid-80's movie "One Crazy Summer". I admit I was feeling a bit nostalgic for the 80's. And any movie with Demi Moore can't be that bad, can it? Well it actually can. "One Crazy Summer" is a terrible movie. Don't watch it as it's not worth your time.

Although there is a scene that starts at about the 1:02 mark that sums up most 80's movie. This is the scene where Demi Moore is singing a song called "Don't Look Back". Since it's a song in a 80's movie, of course it's a synth driven track. There's a lot of bad dancing. Also for the most part many of these actors went on to do nothing. There are the usual jerk guys and the losers win. Along with seeing Demi Moore and John Cusack there were some other people to see. Booger from "Revenge of the Nerds" is in this movie. The guy that plays John Cusack's friend, George Calimari, looked really familiar. I couldn't figure out who he is. I had to go to imdb.com for the answer. I realized it's Freddy Rumson from "Mad Men". He's terribly cast in "One Crazy Summer", but he's perfect in "Mad Men".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites