Friday, July 29, 2011

Shut up Kobe, Whatever happened to Poe?

Hello,

Kobe Bryant is the latest NBA idiot who claims he's thinking about playing overseas during the NBA Lockout. I only call him an idiot because I wonder does he really think he's fooling anyone? Kobe Bryant is expecting to make $1,000,000 a month if he plays for Turkey's Besiktas team. If this deal actually works out and the NBA remains on a lockout Bryant and Deron Williams would be teammates. That would be a pretty impressive guard line. However I think that Williams has about a 10% chance of playing in Turkey and I rate Kobe having about a .001% chance.

The upside for Besiktas is very obvious, but what's the upside for Kobe? He'll make up to 1 million a month. Oh I'm sure his agent is whispering in his ear that he can increase his global brand by playing in Turkey. More importantly though is what's the downside for Kobe? He could suffer a major injury and jeopardize the $25 million he's scheduled to earn with the Lakers this season. Also He'll be living in Turkey, instead of LA, which will cut him off from many endorsement deals. I'm guessing his wife doesn't want to live in Turkey either. Maybe he can buy her another $4 million ring? Kobe I'm not believing you for a second that you'll actually play in Turkey. It's just another professional athlete that needs to be in the spotlight.

Kevin Durrant is also talking about playing overseas. Kevin, you are a great player and seem like a good person. So please come out and deny that you are considering going overseas.

Whatever happened to Poe? She had some pretty good songs in the 90's and then faded completely away. Here are some of her songs:

"Angry Johnny"



This is her most popular song at napster.com but I don't remember hearing this song back in the day. "Haunted":



This song isn't for everyone and it's definitely NSFW:



My favorite song of hers is titled "I'm Not A Virgin". The best video on youtube the embedding is disabled by request. So here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqe6Wpq3ZD8

I went and saw "Captain America" the other day with some of my kids. It was okay. In this year's summer of crap it was one of the better movies I've seen. That's more of an indictment on the the complete lack of quality in movies this year than on how good "Captain America" is.

I saw yesterday the score on Rotten Tomatoes for "The Smurfs" movie was 0 stars. With Neil Patrick Harris I expected a lot more than that. But that does look like a stupid movie, I've been dreading it since seeing previews for it last summer. I'm hoping that's one I don't have to go see with my kids.

Also the reviews are in for the new Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig movie. That's "Cowboys and Aliens". The movie is called a disappointment, that's no surprise to me. That looks like a stupid movie, I can't even get through the trailer. With those two actors and Jon Favreau directing one would think it would be much better.

Last night on Comcast On Demand I watched the first "Major Leagues" movie. I haven't laughed that hard in I don't know how long. That's an extremely funny movie, especially the first half. The love story is a bit sappy, although Rene Russo was quite hot back in the day. Also the movie fell into all the worst cliches that a sports movie usually succumbs too.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites