Thursday, July 14, 2011

Spotify, Spotify Come Out To Play (Updated December 14th, 2015)

There use to be a picture here of the gorgeous Brooklyn Decker that violated Google's Ad Sense policy. Someone must have complained as the picture had been there 4 years without any comments. I got rid of the cover of her 2011 SI Swimsuit Edition- she was looking crazy beautiful. Below I have posted a picture of the lovely Miss Decker circa 2015. You're welcome.



Hello,

For those of you who didn't get enough of Brooklyn Decker at the awful ESPY's last night, here's another picture:



Two pictures of her improves the look of this blog. More blog improvement below.

Spotify debuted in the United States today and I want to tell you how cool it is. However when your are poor, some might say cheap, like I am I want to check it out free first. There's a free option with Spotify, however you have to receive an invitation. I submitted my e-mail address to them this morning, now about 14 hours later I still haven't received the e-mail invite.

14 hours in internet time? That's crazy long. That's like 6 months in regular time. What's taking them so long to reply? I do have an extensive iTunes library and a membership with napster.com. As of right now I can listen to nearly any song I want on a moment's notice for a very small amount. However I want to try out the new toy, the new free toy.

I'm not a big Pandora fan. For me, my experience has been I type in a song or an artist but within a few songs its playing music that I don't like. (Tonight I started Pandora with "Tubthumping" and it devolved to The Baha Men's "Best Years Of Our Lives". Huh? Eventually it played a really crappy song "Sweat" by somebody called Inner Circle. Huh again?) I have been less than impressed by Pandora so far. I like having control over what I want to hear.

That's generally why I don't listen to the radio. Although Pandora at least has very few commercials. Thankfully it doesn't have lame DJ's or traffic reports though. I listened to about 10 songs on Pandora. Again I started off my listening with "Tubthumping" and after that either 60's or 90's songs were played? From the 60's "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", "Johnny B. Goode", "Do Wah Diddy". From the 90's Sugar Ray's "Fly", "Love Shack", "Mambo #5" and Los Lonely Boys' "Heaven".

Some sad news: it seems on the 121st day of the NFL Lockout a new CBA deal is imminent. What's the impetus you ask? Once the NFL starts missing preseason games they are losing $200 million each week of the preseason. Greed started this situation and greed is going to end this labor strife. As usual lawyers leave the happiest. I've heard the deal is anywhere from 7 to 10 years, at least we won't deal with this nonsense for a long time.

Shows you don't have to waste your time watching. "Bones" was pretty disappointing, I had heard a lot of good things about it. It didn't live up to all the praise I had heard about it. I watched a few episodes on Comcast On Demand and I wasn't overly impressed. A show that's similar, but much better, is the great "Rizzoli and Isles". Angie Harmon is still gorgeous and she has the sexiest voice ever. She has great chemistry with her fellow cast mate Sasha Alexander. Alexander is kind of attractive in a hot nerd girl sort of way. I mean that as a compliment.



I saw one episode of "Alphas" and I think that's enough. It felt like several shows thrown together. It felt a lot like "No Ordinary Family" with a little "Heroes" and "FlashForward" thrown in. Do you notice the commonality between those three shows? Yes, they have all been cancelled. Also in "Alphas" 90 minute premiere episode, it had up to 5 consecutive minutes of commercials. The only reason I know that is by fast forwarding the show. I bet close to half of the 90 minute running time was commercials. If you want to watch a cool show for nerds, I recommend "Falling Skies". I'm really liking that show, I look forward to seeing it each Sunday night. That's one of the few shows that's appointment TV for me. Although I still watch it on my DVR.

Also skip "Franklin and Bash". It's for those of you that thought "Married With Children" was too complex.

Tomorrow night is the final episode of "Friday Night Lights". I jumped on that bandwagon 4 years late, but this last season I've watched I've really liked. It has some great story lines, great characters and excellent acting. Are the Taylors going to end up in Dillon or where Mrs. Taylor interviewed for the job?

Last but not least in another very tense soccer match, the USA beat France 3-1. Abby Wambach had another header for a goal, which broke a 1-1 tie. Whether the USA wins on Sunday or not, I think that Wambach and Goalie Hope Solo will be the breakout stars. (Yes, I know they've both played for the US Women's Team for a few years. Relatively they have such a small pool of fans they've toiled in obscurity most of that time.) Also scoring a goal for the USA was Alex Morgan.



I thought to myself while watching the match if Morgan scores a goal, she could really break big. Not only is she an excellent soccer player, but as we use to say back in the day she's a stone cold babe.

I think Sunday's USA-Japan match could be one for the ages. The USA has completely dominated the series with Japan so far. But I think Sunday's match will be between two very evenly matched teams. With a earthquake, tsunami and nuclear plant issues I predict that Japan will be the sentimental favorite. I don't get a sense who host country Germany will be pulling for. Although I think initially they'll be cheering for Japan. Although the US does have a strong military presence in Germany. I predict something will happen in the match that will swing the cheers for one country. My only prediction about this match is that it will be close and hard fought. I'm just glad I can watch this match. If for no other reason watch it for Abby Wambach, she's really fun to watch play.

themusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

I can't believe Spotify made it to the States before it made it to Belgium. Grrrrrr.

Favorites