Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Quick Music Reviews, Great Songs, Braun beats Kemp for the NL MVP award

Hello,

First of all, here's a NBA lockout update: Never mind as who cares?

The Brewers Ryan Braun defeated the Dodgers Matt Kemp for the NL MVP today. Although I'm a Dodgers fan I agree with this vote. If it's close you have to give your vote to the guy who's in a pennant race. Matt Kemp had an amazing season, almost winning the Triple Crown, he did that without any pressure to make the playoffs.

Here's a neat little bit of trivia for you. I thought it was strange that Slash recorded his live CD in Stoke, England. In reading Stephen Davis' "Watch You Bleed" last night I found out that Slash was born in Stoke-on-Trent England. Slash was born Saul Hudson in 1965. That makes a lot more sense about why Slash recorded his live CD there.

Also today is a big day for music releases. Thanks to my friends at Spotify I've been able to listen to a lot of new music. One of my favorite musicians is Rihanna, she released her new CD today. It is "Talk That Talk". My quick judgment is that it's mediocre dance R&B music. I realize she'll never hit her "Good Girls Gone Band" heights again, but I was very disappointed, I will give it a few more listens though.

I also listened to Daughtry's new CD, "Break The Spell". I actually quite like this CD, it has some good songs on it. I expect it to grow more on me as I continue to listen to it. I was seriously thinking about buying the new Rihanna CD, but after hearing it today I don't know that I will. But I might buy the Daughtry CD.

Also Nickelback has a new CD out today! Who am I kidding, who cares? Nickelback is one of the worst big name bands in the world. It's time for them to go away. With only hearing a few seconds of their new music I'm going to guess what the songs are about. Sex, hanging out and being a dumbass, in other words what all their other songs are about. I'm also predicting that their new songs sound alike.

Now here's some great music, this is the amazing Paramore:


Not a big Beatles fan, but thought of this song when a friend of mine is always over thinking everything:


"You Thought Wrong": Kelly Clarkson featuring Tamyra Gray.


Another one of the great songs from Lady Gaga:


Warning this is a very angry video with language not suitable for all. The Ben Folds Five "Song For The Dumped":


I know that Letters To Cleo remade this song in the 90's, but I think Nick Lowe's version is the best:


Guns N' Roses songs of the day. This song is "Street of Dreams" which is off the "Chinese Democracy" CD. I like this video.


This is "Estranged" from the "Use Your Illusion 2" CD:


"Anything Goes" off of one of the greatest CDs of all-time, "Appetite For Destruction":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites