Friday, November 11, 2011

Welcome To The Jungle, You're Going To Die!

Hello,

This morning I bought two tickets to Guns N' Roses and I'm so excited. Even better I'm going with a hottie. They're one of my all-time favorite bands. On my last Top 50 musicians I posted I have Guns N' Roses at #3. They are behind Pearl Jam, who I was able to see a couple of years ago. And at #1 is Led Zeppelin, who I'll never be able to see. :( I know that Gn'R are a shell of their former selves, but with all those great songs at their disposal how bad they could be? From the video below of "Live and Let Die", it seems like they are still a pretty tight band.

They are from the generation when rock bands knew how to put on concerts. Play great song after great song and let the momentum build. Don't stop and talk to the audience every few minutes, especially when it's mindless banner. I'm looking at you Chad Kroeger. We are there to rock and get our butts kicked. Also we want the music to be loud but not so loud that it drowns out everything. And Axl for the love of all that is pure and right please don't be a diva.

I had to buy the tickets through ticketmaster.com. They aren't my favorite folks but I did get my tickets quickly. The seats are great, we're sitting in the first section closest to the stage. We're about halfway up the lower bowl. It should make for an amazing night. I'm 44 years old and I thought when I was younger I would have out grown rock by now. But it still hasn't happen. It must be a maturity issue. One of the greatest pleasures in life is live music.

Although the concert doesn't start until 9:00, that's a bit crazy. But whatever. Then if Sebastian Bach is the opener that would be cool. He has some cool music on his own plus all those cool songs from Skid Row. I saw Skid Row back in the day and it was the same time as Debbie Gibson and the "Electric Youth" CD. Bach mocked Miss Gibson quite a bit. (I'm such a wierdo I actually like both musicians.) The only thing that would make this show even better is if Black Stone Cherry opened up.

Speaking of Sebastian, this is his newest song. I dedicate this song to all of you small minded people that are self-righteous idiots.


Here are a couple of Skid Row's classics, although they have many more great songs. This is a song that hits too close to home:


This song kicks ass, "Youth Gone Wild":


A lesser known but no less great song, "In A Darkened Room":


Now let's go to the headliner, "November Rain". (I hate that the GN'R/ Elton John live version of this song's embedding is disabled by request. I love these time capsule videos.) This video from around the same time will have to due.


I'm surprised this video actually has pretty good sound on yet another good song. "I Used To Love Her". "I had to put her 6 feet under, I can still hear her complain."


"My Michelle":


A great song from one of the best movies of the 90's. This is "You Could Be Mine":


Although Guns N' Roses isn't known for their slow songs, they do have a couple. This is one of their best ballads and one of the greatest whistling songs ever.


This is just taken a few days ago and Axl sounds like he's in good voice here. This is one of the greatest covers ever of an already great song. Thanks Paul.


One more all-time great Guns N' Rose song, "Civil War":


themusicaddict





No comments:

Favorites