Thursday, November 17, 2011

themusicaddictblog is rising, Requests to review Cardinal Jack, Dead Milkmen and Gregorian

Hello,

It seems my blog is getting more well known. Previously a company called The Syndicate asked me to rated a couple of CDs including Gregorian's "The Dark Side of the Chant" which is a CD that I liked. I actually was able to figure out how to get that into my iTunes so I can listen to it any time when I want too. It was in MP3 format.

Now they've asked me to listen to the recent CD by The Dead Milkmen. The CD is titled "The King In Yellow". I've been able to get the CD on to my computer and listen to it via Apple Quicktime. The only problem with that is it isn't continuous play. To play a song I have to click on it, it plays then stops. Then I have to click the next song repeat. If someone can help me with that I would appreciate it. The even better thing though would be though if it's possible to get wma files on to iTunes. I don't know if this is possible or not.

If The Dead Milkmen sound familiar to you, that's because they are behind one of the greatest songs of the 80's. This is "Punk Rock Girl":


I listened to some Dead Milkmen on Spotify yesterday, some of their older stuff. Their new CD isn't on Spotify yet. That always puzzles me why someone wouldn't have their music on Spotify, anyone can listen to their music for free. Of course that's probably why some music is still not on Spotify.

I've also heard from an organization called AltSounds and they are asking me: "If you could spread the word/share/tweet/post as news that would be ace."

I loved that they said it would be ace, I've never heard that before. Anyway this is for a band called Cardinal Jack and the CD is called "We Shall Start The Dance". The CD was originally released on October 24th, 2011. Cardinal Jack is a trio from London. I'm listening to the CD right now and I actually like it. I'm going to listen to the CD a few times before I review it. I can't think of a band that their sound reminds me of, I'm going to have to think about it. I'm thinking the most similar sounding band is Arctic Monkeys. Cardinal Jack isn't as good as the Monkeys early stuff but a lot better than the crap they are putting out now. If you would like to listen to the CD as well, here's the link: Link to the album stream is here: http://hangout.altsounds.com/features/138099-altsounds-exclusive-album-stream-cardinal-jack-start.html

Here's an introduction to Cardinal Jack, some of their music is in the background of this video:


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites