Wednesday, March 6, 2019

(Finished Mar 7th, 2019) Craig's Classics, Part 1

Hello,

I wanted to post a blog of more obscure songs that I really love. These songs are great songs, but for whatever reason never got the love they deserve. Well here's me trying to get them some long awaited love. Except for a couple of exceptions I'm going to do my best to post songs that I haven't or hardly ever posted before- but I just can't resist that Tracy Ullman song I love so much.

A band that hasn't got the love they deserve and this is one of their best songs. 
1) Against Me! "White Crosses":


2)  Slade "Run Runaway":


A one hit wonder, but oh what a hit. But beware of the cheesiness. 3) Bertie Higgins "Key Largo":


You probably know her for "One Of Us". 4) Joan Osborne "Right Hand Man":


5) OMC "How Bizarre":



The band that brought us "Alive", "Even Flow" and so many other great songs has this lesser known gem. 6) Pearl Jam "Red Mosquito":


The man known for about 30 classic songs, but this song is a Craig Classic. 7) Billy Joel "Sleeping With The Television On":


Yes, the vampire song. 8) Toadies "Possum Kingdom":


9) Ben Folds Five "Song For The Dumped":


This is one of those songs that caused me to fall in love with The Counting Crows. 10) Counting Crows "Rain King":



11) Voice of The Beehive "Monsters and Angels":


You know them for "The Difference", "One Headlight and "Sixth Avenue Heartache": 12) The Wallflowers "Angel On My Bike":



13) The Hooters "Where Do The Children Go":



You know them for me posting about them for the last couple of months until I finally got to see them in concert. 14) Muse "The Resistance":



15) Veruca Salt "Seether":



He sang about "What It's Like", but don't overlook this sweet ballad.
16) Everlast "White Trash Beautiful":



You, or should I say U, know her for "Nothing Compares 2 U. But she also has many other great songs including this gem. 17) Sinead O' Connor "Daddy I'm Fine":


18) The Cranberries "I Just Shot John Lennon":



She was a Go Go and then went solo. 19) Jane Wiedlin "Rush Hour":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites