Sunday, March 10, 2019

(Finished March 10th, 2019) The Best of "American Idol": The Ladies, Part 2

Hello,

The Vulture website ranked the 168 "Idol" finalists from Season 1 to through Season 14. They ranked the loathsome and horrendous Danny Gokey at #168. I couldn't agree more, he was one of the worst and most annoying contestants ever. How did he get so far? The Vulture ranked Season 9 winner Lee DeWyze at #167. I jumped on the DeWyze bandwagon on quite early, looking back he had no business winning. Although I think he's a good singer, he just doesn't seem like a star. Season 9 was when the show was going downhill and that should've been the last season. The only memorable people from that season is the great Siobhan Magnus and the fantastic Crystal Bowersox. Season 9 being the final season would've been a great time to end the show.  Then we wouldn't have to suffer through Season 10's Scotty McDreery. 

The season 9 runner-up and super talented Miss Bowersox:

"Ridin' With The Radio":



"For What It's Worth":



"Come To My Window":



"The Ride":



"Sunshine Brighter":



"Farmer's Daughter":



Syesha Mercado finished third place in Season 7, behind the Davids. From what I could find quickly Syesha hasn't had much music output since "Idol". I know she has done something with "Dream Girls", but I was hoping for more music that had been released. However I loved what she did with 

"One Rock N' Roll Too Many":



In Season 9 she placed sixth place. Siobhan Magnus released a much better than I expected CD with 2012's "Moonbaby". I would post her "American Idol" audition, but I can't find it on YouTube.
Here's one of her "Idol" highlights:

"Think":



Her 2016 single "Breakfast In Bed":



From her 2012 debut CD "Moonbaby"
"Black Doll":




"Escape Goat":



"Pure Inspiration":



A cover of a song by a band named Grinderman, "Heathen Child":




She finished third place on Season 6. Melinda Doolittle, here's her audition:


Of the "American Idol" CDs I didn't know about before working on these blogs, Doolittle's 2013 EP "You're The Reason" is the best:

"Never Giving Up":



"Without You": (I can't find a video for this song.)
This rap interlude doesn't feel forced, it fits right in with the song. "You're The Reason" (U.R.Y.) featuring W.I.T. This is the best video I can find and this version doesn't feature W.I.T.



"Give":


"Have A Nice Day":



"How Can You Mend A Broken Heart":



"Trouble Is A Woman":




themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites