Thursday, March 28, 2019

(Finished March 28th, 2019) The Best Songs of Billboard's Countdown for July 29th, 1989 (Part 2)

Hello,

This song was making it's chart debut all those years ago. 74) Indigo Girls "Closer To Fine":



69) Dead Or Alive "Come Home With Me Baby":



It never came a big hit, but that doesn't mean it's not a good song. And to hear that amazing voice makes a serviceable song into a good song. Who doesn't love Stevie?
67) Stevie Nicks "Rooms On Fire":



On it's way down from it's #1 peak, this is an undeniable classic. 66) Paula Abdul "Forever Your Girl":



61) The Cult "Fire Woman":



Only 6,370 views? That's a disgrace. This is a great song from Neneh Cherry's fantastic debut CD "Raw Like Sushi". 59) Neneh Cherry "Kisses On The Wind":



58) Billy Squier "Don't Say You Love Me":



No Hair Metal here, just another great rock song. The rare hard rock song, albeit a ballad, that made it into the Top Ten. This song clawed it's way to #8. 57) Lita Ford and Ozzy Osborne "Close My Eyes Forever":


"You can stand me up to the gates of hell, but I won't back down". 56) Tom Petty "I Won't Back Down":



While this is a great rock song and a great song overall this song only made it to #27. That was much more typical of what happened to a rock song in the late 80s. The Ozzy/ Lita Top Ten duet was an anomaly for that time. But of the two songs I actually think the Warrant song is much better.
55) Warrant "Down Boys":


Is this Bobby Brown's best song? It deservedly crashed the Top Ten, making it all the way to #3. 
54) Bobby Brown "Every Little Step":

But when I get your call I'm all choked up
Can't believe you called my home
And as a matter of fact, it blows my mind
You would even talk to me
Because a girl like you is a dream come true
A real life fantasy


53) 10,000 Maniacs "Trouble Me":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites