Monday, March 11, 2019

(Updated March 11th, 2019) The Best of "American Idol": The Ladies, Part 3

Hello,

One of the most frustrating early exits from this show for me, Pia Toscano. She should have done a lot better than finishing 9th place on Season 10. I couldn't find her audition video. This is her elimination when she lost out to the absolutely brutal Jacob Lusk. He was terrible and I don't even remember this Stefano dude.


David Foster remembered here a few years later to sing a couple of Celine Dion songs "The Power Of Love"/ "All By Myself":


Okay the music is weird in this version and the music doesn't really flow well with the vocals. I love her vocals, but that ill fitting music has got to go.
"Where Do Broken Hearts Go":



I had to listen to the amazing original to get that jangly nonsense out of my head:



"River Deep Mountain High":



This is my favorite of her post- "Idol" songs. "You'll Be King":


Didi Benami finished 10th place in Season 9.
Her audition singing "Hey Jude":



The words don't seem to match the music, but I love her beautiful voice "Rhiannon":



What is up with these janky arrangements? Although this is better than Pia's "Broken Heart" arrangement. "What Becomes of The Broken Hearted":



Her cover of Katharine McPhee's "Terrified":



She has grown since her time on "American Idol" this is a good song and I continue to love her voice. "Trouble":



"Watching and Waiting":


Megan Joy

"Rockin' Robin":
"Black Horse and a Cherry Tree":
"Boy Next Door":
"Feel Love":

Tamyra Gray finished 4th place on Season 1. It seems she's only released one CD. That's a shame as I really liked her debut CD "The Dreamer". This is her audition:

"17":
"Star"
Kelly Clarkson featuring Tamyra Gray "You Thought Wrong":
"Raindrops Will Fall":

No comments:

Favorites