Tuesday, December 10, 2019

(Started December 10th, 2019) R.I.P. Marie Fredriksson 1958-2019

Hello,

There's sad news breaking this morning, Marie Fredriksson, has passed away. Fredriksson was best known as the female singer in the great pop music band Roxette. Her amazing voice was heard on many great songs including "The Look", perhaps the most joyful song ever "Joyride", "Fading Like A Flower" and perhaps their piece de resistance "It Must Have Been Love". She passed away following a 17 year battle with cancer. Fredriksson both was born and passed away in Sweden and in between traveled the world chasing her rock star dreams. Roxette had 6 Top 2 songs, including 4 #1s, but more importantly had several more great songs. I discovered just how many great songs they have when I was counting down those songs for Roxette being my #59 Greatest 80s Band ever. (Thanks to Yahoo! Entertainment and Wikipedia.org.)

Note this blog isn't intended to be a breaking news blog, that's not what I'm after. My aim is to expose as many other people as possible to all the great songs I've loved over the many years of my life. I don't know that I will provide videos for all of these songs, but here's a list of most of their great songs.

1) "Paint":


2) "Good Karma":
3) "Speak To Me":


4) Way Out":


5) "Real Sugar":


6) "Stars":
7) "Listen To Your Heart":


8) "Sleeping In My Car":
9) "Joyride":


10) "Opportunity Nox":
11) "Sleeping Single":
12) "Chances":
13) "Church of Your Heart":


14) "June Afternoon":
15) "Crash! Boom! Bang!":
16) "Fading Like A Flower":
17) "Almost Unreal":
18) "Spending My Time":


19) "Wish I Could Fly":
20) "How Do You Do":


How to write, record, produce and perform a ballad. The lyrics are also so good. I love the line "it must have been love, but it's over now". Not to get too giddy over silly pop lyrics, but that's pretty powerful to me. 21) "It Must Have Been Love":


21) "Dangerous":


22) "Dressed For Success":


23) "The Look":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites