Sunday, December 15, 2019

(Finished December 15th, 2019) Songs Rocking My iPod and Why They Do So, Part 2: Songs 17-31

Hello,

This blog was inspired by my morning walk, where I listen to my iPod on shuffle. I love all sorts of music so the songs can and do switch between wildly different genres. I am not saying I super smart because I like a bunch of kinds of music. What I'm saying is that I like all sorts of music. Although that can be a bit expensive I love it music. Music is my cure all, everything is made better with music.

That diversity that inspired this and the next blog was Kansas' "Point of Know Return" shuffling to The Carpenters "Superstar". Two different genres, but two great songs.

Our first introduction to Pink was "Let's Get This Party Started". This was her next song and one of my favorite Pink songs. 17) Pink "Don't Let Me Get Me":



Perhaps the best G N' R song not on "Appetite For Destruction": 18) Guns N' Roses "November Rain":



19) Talking Heads "Once In A Lifetime"



I saw Styx in concert on this tour, they put on a great show. 20) Styx "Mr. Roboto":



21) Our Lady Peace "Starseed":



22) Soundgarden "Spoonman":



One of the best songs from this new symphonic rock band that kicks butt. It's not their best song, that would be "Not Your Monster". However a great song on a CD full of great songs.
23) Dark Element "I Have To Go":



Lady Gaga is known for her upbeat songs like "Bad Romance" and "Papaprazzi":
 24) Lady Gaga "You and I":



I don't know if they'd be considered a New Wave of Classic Rock band, but the Biters are pretty good. 25) Biters "No Stranger To Heartache":



The next two are great songs from the 80s and 90s. 26) The Cult "Wild Flower":



27) Smashing Pumpkins "Galapogos":



Another great song I round through a sampler, this one was from Classic Rock magazine. 28) The Living Strange "1000 pretty girls and 3 ugly 1's" is the song I wanted to add a video for, but there's no video available yet. This is their most played song on YouTube "New Pet":


Even many of Journey's deep cuts were great songs, that's the sign of a great band. This song wasn't a hit, but is a great song nonetheless. 29) Journey "Keep On Runnin'":



A super sexy song. 30) Carrie Underwood "The Song We Used To Make Love To":



One of the greatest dance songs of all-time. 31) C+C Music Factory featuring Freedom Williams "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites