Thursday, December 12, 2019

(Started December 11th, 2019) Other Great Songs by 80s One Hit Wonders, Part 3: Songs 35-55

Hello,

I don't like to get all caught up in whether a song is a "hit" or not. I just care if a song is good or not. I was going to do a greatest 80s one hit wonders blog, and I still might. But that blog has been done who knows how many times? I decided to put a twist on that idea. Many times a so-called one hit wonder has more "hits" or at least more great songs. I decided to highlight great songs other than the musicians one hit. I may drop in the "hit" for some of these musicians, those hits are just too good.

Obviously many of these bands had more than one hit, but some of these bands were still labeled as one hit wonders. Feel free to argue if that's an apt description or not, but you can't deny the greatness of many of these songs.

General Public sang both about "Tenderness" and themselves? 35) "General Public":



36) "I'll Take You There":



When Golden Earring weren't singing about "Radar Love" they were going to the 37) "Twilight Zone":



Corey Hart wore "Sunglasses At Night" as his one hit, but other great songs were:
38) "It Ain't Enough":



39) "Never Surrender":



I love this song now, but it took awhile to grow on me. Information Society sang "What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)":



40) "Walking Away":



Nik Kershaw asked "Wouldn't It Be Good" and sang about 41) "Don Quixote":



42) "I Won't Let The Sun Go Down On Me":



Johnny Hates Jazz first hated "Shattered Dreams" but they also sang 43) "I Don't Want To Be A Hero":



Joe Jackson "Is She Really Going Out With Him":



44) "Steppin' Out":



45) "Breaking Us In Two":



Klymaxx's one hit wonder was "I Miss You":



46) "Meeting In The Ladies Room":
47) "Man Size Love":
48) "Men All Pause":
L.A. Guns' one hit was singing "The Ballad of Jayne"
49) "Kiss My Love Goodbye":
When Madness wasn't inviting us to his "Our House"
they were going 50) "One Step Beyond":
soaring on 51) "The Wings Of A Dove":
and celebrating that 52) "It Must Be Love"
Martika thrilled us with "Toy Soldiers", but she also gave us other pop gems
53) "More Than":
54) "I Feel The Earth Move":
55) "Cross My Heart":
Try not to get burned in 56) "Martika's Kitchen":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites