Tuesday, December 10, 2019

(Started December 9th, 2019) Other Great Songs by 80s One Hit Wonders, Part 2: Songs 17-34

Hello,

I don't like to get all caught up in whether a song is a "hit" or not. I just care if a song is good or not. I was going to do a greatest 80s one hit wonders blog, and I still might. But that blog has been done who knows how many times? I decided to put a twist on that idea. Many times a so-called one hit wonder has more "hits" or at least more great songs. I decided to highlight great songs other than the musicians one hit. I may drop in the "hit" for some of these musicians, those hits are just too good.

When John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band weren't "On The Dark Side"
they were rocking their 17) "C-I-T-Y":



and being 18) "Tough All Over":



The Cutting Crew "(I Just) Died In Your Arms" was their big hit. But another great song of theirs was 19) "I've Been In Love Before":



Dead Or Alive sang "You Spin Me Round (Right Round), but they had a bunch of other great songs. 20) "Lover Come Back To Me":



21) "In Too Deep":



22) "Brand New Lover":



23) "My Heart Goes Bang":



Chris Deburgh sang to his "Lady In Red" 24) but he also told us "Don't Pay The Ferryman":



Devo's "Whip It" was their one hit. 25) But they also entertained us with "Working In A Coal Mine":
Thomas Dolby said "She Blinded Me Science", but he also sang songs about
26) "Europa":
27) "Hyperactive":
Robbie Dupree wants to "Steal Away", but he also had 28) "Hot Rod Hearts":
When The Fabulous Thunderbirds weren't "Tuff Enuff", they wanted to 29) "Wrap It Up":
Falco's big hit was "Rock Me Amadeus", but he was busy at 30) "Vienna Calling":
A Flock of Seagulls sang "I Ran (So Far Away), but they also have
31) "Space Age Love Song":
32) "Wishing (If A Had A Photograph)":
Frankie Goes To Hollywood told us to "Relax":
But they also warned us of 33) "Two Tribes":
and the greatness of 34) "The Power Of Love"

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites