Tuesday, December 3, 2019

(Updated December 4th, 2021) The Best 70s One Hit Wonders, Part 3: Songs 35-51

Hello,

I selected my favorite songs from Ranker's Top 70s One Hit Wonders. Technically not all of these songs are from One Hit Wonder bands. Some of these bands have more than one hit and have more than several good songs. But so many great songs weren't hits as they weren't released through the proper channels. A band like Led Zeppelin for instance, in fact a lot of rock bands.

Peaches and Herb had 3 other Top 20 hits, including "Shake Your Groove Thing". That song went to #5 in 1978, the same year as "Reunited". 

35) Peaches and Herb "Reunited":


36) Ace Frehley "New York Groove":


37) John Stewart featuring Stevie Nicks "Gold":


38) The Hues Corporation "Rock The Boat":


39a) C.W. McCall "Convoy"(Original Version):


39b) I didn't realize there was a second version of McCall's sole hit, but here it is.


40) Patrick Hernandez "Born To Be Alive":


41) Bill Conti "Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)":


42) I know Tom T. Hall had a few country hits, but I believe this is said to be a one hit wonder because it's his only song that broke into the mainstream Billboard Hot 100. It definitely is a classic song. Tom T. Hall "I Love":


43) McFadden and Whitehead "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now":


44) Alicia Bridges "I Love The Night Life":


45) Sammy Johns "Chevy Van":


46) Gilbert O' Sullivan "Alone Again Naturally":


47) He's not a one hit wonder, but he's only a blip on pop culture. Gino Vanelli "Living Inside Myself":

48) Three years later Vanelli's "I Just Wanna Stop"went to #6:


49) Stories "Brother Louie":


50) Cheryl Lynn "Got To Be Real":


51) The Cars "Just What I Needed":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites