Saturday, December 21, 2019

(Finished December 21st, 2019) The Best of Andrew Lloyd Webber, Part 1

Hello,

The musical "Cats" was released yesterday in theaters and the reviews have been savage, it sounds like this might be the worst musical to movie crossover ever made. I had no desire to see the movie version of "Cats", it was barely even on my radar, but for sure I won't be seeing it now. Although after watching the trailer I was reminded again of how amazing the song "Memory" is. I haven't done a best of Andrew Lloyd Webber blog in a long time, I thought in honor of the amazing "Memory" this would be a good time.

The "Cats" trailer:


"Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" (1968):

"Any Memory Will Do":


"Go Go Go Joseph":


"Jesus Christ Superstar" (1970):

"Hosanna":


"I Don't Know How To Love Him":



Foxy Shazam "Heaven On Their Minds":



"What's The Buzz":



"The Arrest":



"Superstar":



"Evita" (1976):

Samantha Barks "Another Suitcase In Another Hall":



This song is so incredibly joyous. Madonna "Buenos Aires":



"Goodnight and Thank You":



Madonna "I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You":



"Peron's Latest Flame":



Madonna "Don't Cry For Me Argentina":



"High Flying Adored":



"Rainbow High":



"Rainbow Tour":



Antonio Banderas "And The Money Kept Rolling In":



Antonio Banderas "Oh What A Circus":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites