Tuesday, December 17, 2019

(Started December 17th, 2019) Mash Up Blog: Quincy Jones and Dionne Warwick (Non White Privilege Edition), Part 1

Hello,

I like these mash up blogs. I usually post two completely different bands in these mash up blogs. Like my last mash up blog was My Chemical Romance and Martina McBride. But this time I decided to do a non white privilege blog, writing about two different black musicians. But I didn't want to write about Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston- who I've already written about multiple times. I'll also probably write about them many more times.

I Googled the Top 100 black musicians and two came up that are fairly famous, but I don't believe have received enough love. Well here's some love for Quincy Jones and Dionne Warwick. As usual I'll alternate the two musicians. Warwick is a singer whereas Jones is a producer, a songwriter, an arranger and musician.

1) Quincy Jones featuring James Ingram and Patti Austin "Baby, Come To Me":


2) Dionne Warwick "Don't Make Me Over":


3) Tony Bennett "Days of Wine and Roses":


4) Dionne Warwick "Anyone Who Had A Heart":


5) Quincy Jones "The Gentle Rain":


6) Dionne Warwick "Walk On By":


7) George Benson "Give Me The Night":


8) Dionne Warwick "You'll Never Get To Heaven":


9) Brothers Johnson "Stomp":


10) Dionne Warwick "Reach Out For Me":


11) Ray Charles "Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying":


12) Dionne Warwick I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself":


13) Ray Charles "Am I Blue":



14) Dionne Warwick "Windows of the World":



15) Ella Fitzgerald and Count Basie "Deed I Do":



16) Dionne Warwick "I Say A Little Prayer":



17) Ella Fitzgerald and Count Basie "Dream A Little Dream":
18) Dionne Warwick "Do You Know Your Way To San Jose":
19) Ella and Count Basie "Ain't Misbehavin":
20) Dionne Warwick "This Girl's In Love":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites