Monday, December 9, 2019

(Started December 9th, 2019) Other Great Songs by 80s One Hit Wonders, Part 1: Songs 1-16

Hello,

I don't like to get all caught up in whether a song is a "hit" or not. I just care if a song is good or not. I was going to do a greatest 80s one hit wonders blog, and I still might. But that blog has been done who knows how many times? I decided to put a twist on that idea. Many times a so-called one hit wonder has more "hits" or at least more great songs. I decided to highlight great songs other than the musicians one hit. I may drop in the "hit" for some of these musicians, those hits are just too good.

Obviously many of these bands had more than one hit, but some of these bands were still labeled as one hit wonders. Feel free to argue if that's an apt description or not, but you can't deny the greatness of many of these songs.

One of the greatest videos and songs of the 80s, their one hit is "Take On Me". 1) a-ha "The Sun Always Shines On TV":


2) a-ha "Living Daylights":


3) a-ha "Hunting High and Low":


Their big song was "I Want Candy", well who doesn't?. But they also have another excellent song.
4) Bow Wow Wow "Do You Wanna Hold Me":


Berlin's big song was one of the all-time best ballads and one of many great songs on "Top Gun".  "Take My Breath Away". But Berlin has other great songs. 5) "The Metro":


6) "No More Words":


7) "Masquerade":


8) "When Love Goes To War":

Breathe lifted their "Hands To Heaven" for their hit. 9) However "How Can I Fall" was another one of their great songs:


Kim Carnes iconic 80s hit was "Bette Davis Eyes", but she's one of those musicians who had more than just one hit. "More Love" went to #10. Her duet with Kenny Rogers "Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer" went to #4.

Her song with Kenny Rogers and James Ingram 10) "What About Me" went to #15:


11) "More Love":
12) "Draw of Cards":
Cameo soared with "Word Up", but they also had the sweet 13) "Candy":
I've recently blogged about Neneh Cherry, but here she comes up again. Her debut CD "Raw Like Sushi" is a great CD. But lets be honest when someone thinks of that CD they think of "Buffalo Stance", which obviously is a great song. But there are a lot of other great songs on "Sushi".

14) "Kisses On The Wind":
15) "So Here I Come":
16) "Heart":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites