Sunday, December 1, 2019

(Finished May 30th, 2022) Part 3 of The Best Debut CDs Of All-Time In Alphabetical Order

Hello,

Yes it's another blog topic that I won't finish quickly, but hopefully finish eventually, is the best debut CDs of all-time. I originally was going to organize the CDs from best to worst, but I don't have that much time. Thus I'll be organizing them in alphabetical order. I scoured rankings/lists from Ranker, Wikipedia.org and rollingstone.com to come up with this list. There are also a few CDs that came to me on their own. On previous blogs for this topic I've mentioned other CDs that came close to being greatest CDs ever, but they just fell a bit short.

I continue thinking of CDs that might qualify or might come close to qualifying. Another very good debut CD is The Zac Brown Band's "The Foundation". I really wanted it to make this list, it just didn't quite have enough of that intangible quality that makes a CD a great debut CD. No offense to the Zac Brown Band, they have a lot of great songs. However a great debut CD should be obvious. Once I have to talk myself to into a debut CD being great then it hasn't reached that level of greatness. Another CD that I thought might have a chance of being a great debut CD was Dwight Yoakam's "Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc". Sadly although it has two great songs it didn't qualify as a great debut CD.

I also realized that for so many of these great debut CDs, the artist named the CD after themselves. Maybe at least name the CD after one of the songs on the CD?

When you can say or come close to saying every song on this CD is great you know you have a great debut CD. That can be said both about this CD and the Tracy Chapman CD. 
7) Boston "Boston":
"More Than A Feeling":



"Let Me Take You Home Tonight":



"Peace of Mind":



"Something About You":



I know there are hardly any original members left, but this reincarnation of Boston sounds pretty good. "Rock & Roll Band":



"Foreplay/ Long Time":



This is another type of great debut CDs. This CD has a bunch of great songs, a couple of mediocre songs and a couple of clunkers. 8) The Cars "The Cars":
"Good Times Roll":



"Best Friend's Girl":



"Bye Bye Love":



"Just What I Needed":



"You're All I've Got Tonight":



"Moving In Stereo":


9) Tracy Chapman "Tracy Chapman":

"Talkin' Bout A Revolution":


"Baby Can I Hold You":


"For My Lover":


"If Not Now":


"Fast Car":


"Why":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites