Sunday, December 15, 2019

(Started December 15th, 2019) Songs Rocking My iPod and Why They Do So, Part 1: Songs 1 to 16

Hello,

This blog was inspired by my morning walk, where I listen to my iPod on shuffle. I love all sorts of music so the songs can and do switch between wildly different genres. I am not saying I super smart because I like a bunch of kinds of music. What I'm saying is that I like all sorts of music. Although that can be a bit expensive I love it music. Music is my cure all, everything is made better with music.

That diversity that inspired this and the next blog was Kansas' "Point of Know Return" shuffling to The Carpenters "Superstar". Two different genres, but two great songs.

I don't know for sure, but probably one of the first rock songs that I heard and fell in love with. This song was released when I was ten, but it was probably still a few years before I heard it.
1) Kansas "Point of Know Return":


Just one of the all-time great songs, one of those songs I can't ever get enough of. 
2) The Carpenters "Superstar":


This is one of four Steely Dan songs on my iPod. Who doesn't love Steely Dan? 
3) Steely Dan "F.M.":


A song I found through a Record Store Day compilation. Songs like this are why I will try any kind of music. That's because sometimes you can find a real gem. 4) Last November "Julie":
I'll be seeing Cher in concert in 2020 I always like to familiarize myself with a musician's music before seeing them in concert. That's even if I know that band's music very well already. Also this is one of my all-time favorite Cher songs, one of the song of her mid-80's comeback. 
5) Cher "Bang Bang":
One of the funkiest and best of dance and heartbreak songs. 6) The Gap Band "You Dropped A Bomb On Me":
The first song we heard after Sammy Hagar joined Van Halen. It's just a great rock song, the kind you turn up the radio, roll down the windows and jam. 7) Van Halen "Black and Blue":
The song that has the line that sums up my dating philosophy, "If you don't expect too much from me I might not let you down." It's also a hell of an catchy earworm. 
8) The Gin Blossoms "Hey Jealousy":
The Thompson Twins train had come to an end. But when you have name recognition and desire, you continue to create music. From 1989's late career comeback attempt "Big Trash" comes this little gem. 9) The Thompson Twins "Sugar Daddy":
Just one of the many bands that performed with the core of the original RATM. With RATM reforming that means this great band goes away. That's too bad as their 2017's self-titled CD is a great slice of music. I love the social consciousness and music of this song.
10) Prophets of Rage "Living On The 110:
One of the best songs of Elvis' career. An incredibly fun song, even though the lyrics aren't the happiest. 11) Elvis Presley "Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me":
Sure they have the two big classic ballads "Keep On Loving You" and "Can't Fight This Feeling", but they also have other great ballads. Songs like "One Lonely Night" and this sweet gem.
 12) REO Speedwagon "In My Dreams":

13) Velvet Revolver "Let It Roll":
A Christian singer that has good songs, who would've thunk? As a Christian and rock music lover, these two things don't really mix well. However with Lauren Daigle they do. Not all of her songs are great but I do love "You Say" and this uplifting anthem. 14) Lauren Daigle "Still Rolling Stones":
One of the great songs that I fell in love with when I went through one of my country music phases. "You walk away and I walk the floor". 15) Lorrie Morgan "We Both Walk":
One of the many great songs that came out in the last few years and somehow I stumbled across it. 16) Sheppard "Geronimo":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites