Saturday, August 14, 2021

(Finished January 5th, 2022) Part 2 of The Best Country Songs Up to 1969

Hello,

I dedicate this blog to my friend Beth.

Somebody told me that there's a lot of great country music before 1980. I've already started working on the 70s country music blogs. So this series of blogs will cover a lot of the great country music up to 1969. 

I hadn't realized what this song is about. 18) Henson Cargill "Skip A Rope":


19) Wanda Jackson "Hard Headed Woman":


20) "Ring of Fire":


21) Glen Campbell "Gentle On My Mind":


I had forgotten how terribly sad this song is. Oh my, but what a beautiful song. 22) Bobby Goldsboro "Honey":


23) Waylon Jennings "Only Daddy That Will Walk The Line":


24) Johnny Cash "Daddy Sang Bass":


25) Glen Campbell "Galveston":


26) "End of The World":


27) Loretta Lynn "You Ain't Woman Enough":


28) Merle Haggard "Working Man Blues":


29) Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Three "Folsom Prison Blues":


30) Tammy Wynette "I Don't Wanna Play House":


31) Merle Haggard "Mama Tried":


32) Flatt and Scruggs "Foggy Mountain Breakdown":


33) Wanda Jackson "Right Or Wrong":


34) Elvis Presley "Suspicious Minds":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites