Tuesday, August 24, 2021

(Finished August 24th, 2021) Part 1 of Another Rock Legend Dies, R.I.P. Charlie Watts

Hello,

Legendary Rolling Stones drummer, Charlie Watts, died today at the age of 80. Originally he was going to go tour with the Stones on their upcoming tour, until he couldn't due to a medical condition. He had been with the Rolling Stones since 1963. I wouldn't consider myself a huge Stones fan, although I love a lot of their songs.  131 of 147 Rolling Stones songs on my iTunes I've given 4 or 5 stars. My favorite Stones song by far is "Gimme Shelter". The following four articles highlight the most Charlie Watts centric Stones classics. 


These songs are suggested by this website: https://lenexnews.com/charlie-watts-best-songs-with-rolling-stones-revealed-drumming-genius/

1) "Get Off My Cloud":


Charlie looks so bored in so many of these videos. 2) "Shake Your Hips":


3) "Beast of Burden":


4) "Slave":


5) "Sad Sad Sad":


These songs come from this website: https://assets.billboard.com/articles/news/9619134/rolling-stones-charlie-watts-best-songs

Repeated songs include "Get Off Of My Cloud":

6) "19th Nervous Breakdown":


7) "Paint It, Black":


8) "Jumpin' Jack Flash":


9) "Stray Cat Blues":


10) "Sympathy For The Devil":


With special guest Sheryl Crow. 11) "Honky Tonk Women":


With Christina Aguilera and a killer sax solo. 12) "Live With Me":


13) "Gimme Shelter":


14) "I Got The Blues":


15) "Tumbling Dice":


16) "When The Whip Comes Down":


These songs come from this website: https://cmatrends.com/blog/charlie-watts-ten-best-songs-with-the-rolling-stones/ Repeated songs include "Honky Tonk Woman", "Gimme Shelter" and "Tumbling Dice".

17) "Satisfaction":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites